Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwsend mail error in execution
SandyMandy
Hi,
I am trying to execute the iwsend_mail.ipl from my workflow as an external task.
currently I am using
<command v="iwperl d:/sendmail/iwsend_mail.ipl">
<variables>
<variable key="mail_to" value="abc3@abc.com"/>
<variable key="mail_cc" value="abc3@abc.com"/>
<variable key="mail_from" value="abc3@abc.com"/>
<variable key="mail_message" value="This Space Available for Advertising"/>
<variable key="mail_subject" value="Sample Subject Line"/>
</variables>
</command>
command line out put in team site log: iwperl d:/sendmail/iwsend_mail.ipl
I have also tried to write the command in a single command tag like:
<command v="iwperl d:/sendmail/iwsend_mail.ipl -t \"abc3@abc.com\"
-f \"abc3@abc.com\" -m \"This Space Available for
Advertising\" -s \"Sample Subject Line\""/>
and
This does not works from the NT command line too.....
<command v="iwperl d:/sendmail/iwsend_mail.ipl -t 'abc3@abc.com'
-f 'abc3@abc.com' -m 'This Space Available for
Advertising' -s 'Sample Subject Line'"/>
from the command prompt the command successfully executing is:
iwperl d:\sendmail\iwsend_mail.ipl -t "abc.abc.com" -f "amit3@abc.com" -m "A TeamSite Task has been assigned to you by AKTestWF." -s "Hi Sandeep its Amit : Please Approve the Task"
Please let me know how to resolve this problem in NT.
regards,
Sandeep Madan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
If you're running the script as d:/sendmail/iwsend_mail.ipl - I have to assume that this is a custom script (presumably modified from the original IWHOME/bin/iwsend_mail.ipl) - as such it is difficult for anyone here to debug the problem without seeing the script; and even then it would probably take some time since we aren't in your environment and cannot easily debug it with respect to your environment - however, posting the script (as an attachment) might help.
Alternatively, and perhaps better since it allows *you* to debug in your environment - try adding a bunch of debugging lines in the code so that you can see what's happening.
One possibility, and the easiest to test, is that "iwperl" is not on your PATH - try changing the command to be:
your-iwhome-path/iw-perl/bin/iwperl d:/sendmail/iwsend_mail.ipl
and see if that resolves the problem.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
reddyl
I have noticed that some times if use iwper insted of iwperl.exe it will not execute the external-script. try to invoke the command using the full path of iwperl.exe.
SandyMandy
The iwsend_mail.ipl is the same iw file as in iw-perl/bin. I have only changed the location of the file.
Also,
I have not changed the script at all.
The problem is occuring because of the reason that I am trying to use " in a perl string . And the command is truncated when I view it in the job prop. of Team Site 6.0
If I execute the same command from command lie in NT the execution is happening sucessfully and I am recv. mails too......
regards,
Sandeep Madan
Soft. Developer
GECIS
Adam Stoller
Hmm - I don't see any embedded quotes in the first example you posted (using task-level variables). Was that a real example?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com