Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Inactivating / Re-activating
Ottawa_IWOV
Here my scenario:
Grouptask is not taken up after some "period of time". I have a dummy task tracking this.
The dummy task activates a UserTask, that should ask the user to take the GroupTask.
What is the best way to do this? I thought ...
dummytask signals usertask, usertask routes to grouptask (somehow??)
Thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
A couple of thoughts come to mind - you could put a timeout on the grouptask that transitions to an externaltask which can send email and/or adjust the timeout setting on the grouptask and then transition back to the grouptask (I may need to put something like this in one of my workflows in the not-too-distant future); or you could use an externaltask (rather than a dummytask) to monitor the ownership (or lack thereof) on the grouptask and have it send email and then wait some more (endless until the grouptask has an owner? at which point it transitions to the next task, which would need to have an 'and' activation clause.
I think the use of the dummytask to transition to a usertask is pointless if your goal is to ping folks to pick up a hanging grouptask.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com