Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
External Article Contribution - Content Question
Gregg Faus
I just noticed that one of my contributions was posted and none of the supplemental information that explains how to use it is listed. I spent a good deal of time formatting it nicely to find out that all of the "content" area wasn't even posted. Now the article is just short synopsis and some code -- not any of the explanation of how to actually use it.
So my questions are:
1) Should we not use the content area for anything?
2) Should setup/readme info be placed in the attachment?
I'm a bit perplexed because what was a fairly useful article is now very confusing.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
I noticed the same thing with my contribution. All of my comments were missing. Oh wait, I
don't write comments.
Andy
Adam Stoller
Did you Preview the article before submitting it?
If so - did it look okay during preview and somehow got munged in production?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Gregg Faus
I previewed it multiple times. I can definately say that there was an extensive amount of content in the body because the synopsis that was created (by IWOV) summarized what was in the body.
Migrateduser
OK,
Please remember this capability is new. It could be that there are glitches in it. If you see that what you entered is not getting into the final article please let us know at
devnet-team@interwoven.com
.
I am usually the one who starts these articles off on their internal review. I do have to do a few minor tweaks for a few fields, and I set the metadata.
It could be that there are characters that are getting stripped out that truncates submissions. We have seen this on one article already.
I apologize if this happens to your article. If it does, please send the material you thought you were attaching to devnet-team, along with the article id and we'll look into it.
Regards,
lissa
Gregg Faus
Hm, that is interesting. Unfortunately I authored the additional help info within the content field so I don't have it anymore. If I get some time I'll write it up again and have you attach it to the zip file.
So when you got my submission it didn't show anything within the content field? It was just blank?
gf
Migrateduser
I'm taking this offline to work through the specifics with Gregg. Please tell us of issues you encounter. In the mean-time, it's probably wise to keep a copy of the text you submit, so people don't hit the same problem Gregg did. Sorry.
lissa