Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Tagging and CCSTD interface
System
Before I forget, 6.1 on windows 2k3.
I just noticed that when a user edits a form in CCSTD, they are automatically prompted to tag the file when they click Next. In CCPRO they aren't. This is causing a bit of an annoyance, because I have an immediate cgitask at the beginning of the workflows so users using CCPRO will have to tag their files. This means that when the CCSTD folks click the Next button, they tag the file, click next, choose a workflow, and then they are prompted to tag the file again.
I've thought about getting rid of the cgitask for tagging since most of my users will be using CCSTD, but I think we'll have enough users left using pro that I would regard that as pretty sub-optimal.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
For what it's worth, I have something in my application_custom.xml file to remove the tagging step from something - I don't know which process it takes tagging out of, so it may not be what you're looking for, but perhaps there's an equivalent for you. Anyway here's what's in there:
<applications>
<application id="ccstd">
<param id="skip-tag-step" value="true" />
</application>
</applications>
Maybe it will work, maybe not. I'll avoid the overwhelming temptation to **** and moan about the 2 UI's and how much I hate that there are 2.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Michael
Smitty's snippet will indeed remove the tagging step from the CCS wizard.
Put the file in iw-home/local/config/lib/content_center/customer/WEB-INF/conf/customer and rebuild the web app.
Seeing as you didn't complain about the 2 UIs I won't complain about this being a global setting and not configurable with sufficient granularity...
Cheers
Michael
Migrateduser
Thanks, Smitty.
In case anyone else is looking for this and wants the full details, it's on page 52 of the 6.1 UICG.
Migrateduser
Weird - the change was already in the file. I'm guessing that something may have gone awry with the build after one of my colleagues added it originally.
After a make_toolkit.ipl -target clobber
followed by a make_toolkit.pl
then an iwreset -ui
it seems to be happy now.
Thanks for the help.