Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Using iwsend_mail in WIN 2000
SandyMandy
I am trying to use the iwsend_mail perl script provided in iw-perl from windows 2000.
The problem I am facing is that if I use " in the command tag in my wft file the command gets truncated. For this I have also tried to put \".
If I use ' instead of " the command doesnt executes at all in the workflow.
I have tried it in command prompt of 2000 to execute with ' it doesnt works but if we use " the command executes well.
the sample command is:
<command v=iwperl d:/sendmail/iwsend_mail.ipl -t "sandeep.madan3@ge.com" -f "amit.khurana3@ge.com" -m "A TeamSite Task has been assigned to you by AKTestWF." -s "Hi Sandeep its Amit : Please Approve the Task"'/>
I have also tried giving variable values in the task but the command line doents displays any of the command variables in team site job prop. window.
####################################################################################
code segment for iwsend_mail command.
####################################################################################
<externaltask lock = "f" name = "Task1" owner = "__TAG__('iw_user');" retry = "f" start = "t">
<areavpath v = "\default\main\Technology\Product_Catalog\WORKAREA\Focus_Area_WA"/>
<successors>
<successorset description = "Go to EndTask">
<succ v = "End"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<command v="/iw-home/bin/iwsend_mail.ipl"/>
<variables>
<variable key="mail_to" value="sandeep.madan3@ge.com"/>
<variable key="mail_cc" value="sandeep.madan3@ge.com"/>
<variable key="mail_from" value="sandeep.madan3@ge.com"/>
<variable key="mail_message" value="This Space Available for Advertising"/>
<variable key="mail_subject" value="Sample Subject Line"/>
</variables>
</externaltask>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
If you are on Windows - you need to provide the perl interpreter as part of the command.
Try making the following (highlighted) changes to your WFT code:
...
<template_script><![CDATA[
use TeamSite::Config;
my $iwhome = TeamSite::Config::iwgethome();
my $iwperl = "$iwhome/iw-perl/bin/iwperl";
my $mailcmd = "$iwperl $iwhome/bin/iwsend_mail.ipl";
# ...
]]></template_script>
<externaltask lock = "f" name = "Task1" owner = "__TAG__('iw_user');" retry = "f" start = "t">
<areavpath v = "\default\main\Technology\Product_Catalog\WORKAREA\Focus_Area_WA"/>
<successors>
<successorset description = "Go to EndTask">
<succ v = "End"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<command v="__INSERT__($mailcmd);"/>
<variables>
<variable key="mail_to" value="sandeep.madan3@ge.com"/>
<variable key="mail_cc" value="sandeep.madan3@ge.com"/>
<variable key="mail_from" value="sandeep.madan3@ge.com"/>
<variable key="mail_message" value="This Space Available for Advertising"/>
<variable key="mail_subject" value="Sample Subject Line"/>
</variables>
</externaltask>
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com