Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
InsertAsset Mediabin 3.0
bclubb
I am trying insert an asset into mediabin using the webservices sdk for 3.0. When I attempt to insert an asset and oktologoff is set to true or I closeconnection right after the insertAsset call I get an error: connId:### Cannot find the client to transfer file ... If I do not close the connection or set the oktologoff property to true then the connection to mediabin is left open. How do I make my program send this file and then close once it has been placed into mediabin?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
msnider
Which of the two InsertAsset methods are you using...passing the file by buffer or by path?
If you are passing the file by path, you will need to maintain the connection to MediaBin until the file has been transferred from the client, in this case the web service, to the MediaBin server. This method returns a job id which you can use to query the status of the job.
If the path is a UNC path, then no transfer is required and you should be able to disconnect after the method has returned without waiting for the job to finish.
bclubb
I was using the by path, but changed it yesterday to use an upload and buffer. The path method would work better though, so I will change my method to monitor the state of the task before making the disconnect command. Thanks for the info that helps quite a bit.