Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
CGI vs. CGI_lite
Annad
Hi,
I have 2 cgi tasks one after the other. I used the $cgi->iwcallback() method to transfer to the next cgi task. However, if I use only CGI and not CGI_lite, I am not able to use $cgi->iwcallback() on this. What can I do?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Well - if the problem is with the *first* cgitask script - you'll either have to use TeamSite::WFtask::CallBack() which won't allow the back-to-back cgitasks to run immediately one after the other without human intervention, or you'll have to use the CLT iwcallback (which also won't run the cgitasks back-to-back immediately), or you'll have to re-code it to use CGI_lite, or you'll have to code it so that you can use both CGI and CGI_lite together (a black art as I recall).
If the problem is with the *second* [last-in-chain] CGI script, you either use TeamSite::WFtask::CallBack or iwcallback, there's only a little incentive to re-code to use CGI_lite instead of CGI and basically no incentive to code it to work with both together.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Edited by ghoti on 05/20/04 11:57 AM (server time).
iwovGraduate
Why not just use CGI_lite ?
Annad
Here is the order of execution of the cgi tasks in the workflow.
CGITask1
|
CGITask2
/ \
/ \
CGITask1 ExternalTask
Since CGITask2 is going back to CGITask1, I can't reallydistinguish between the two as the *first* and *second.
Anna.
Annad
Well, I need to invoke the second CGI task on the click of a submit button and for that to work, I need to pass in all the proper parameters and I need CGI and not CGI_lite to pass in hidden variables.
Adam Stoller
I need CGI and not CGI_lite to pass in hidden variables
Huh? You can do hidden variables in
CGI_lite
too - you just don't have a
hidden()
method to do it with - instead you say:
print qq(<input type="hidden" name="****" value="yyy"/>\n);
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com