Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
starting a workflow
ttriemst
Hello,
I am hoping that someone will be able to let me know what I have been doing wrong with this workflow (you all have been very helpful on other issues). I am trying to setup a user to be able to start a workflow when closing a DCR. The following code is from my available_templates.cfg:
<template_file name="Classifieds" path="gfs/classifieds.wft">
<command_list>
<command value="tt_data">
</command>
<command include="no" value="all">
</command>
</command_list>
<branch_list>
<branch include="yes" value="gfs_internet">
</branch>
</branch_list>
<role_list>
<role include="yes" value="admin">
</role>
<role include="no" value="author">
</role>
<role include="no" value="master">
</role>
<role include="yes" value="editor">
</role>
</role_list>
<user_list>
<user include="yes" value="tjacobs">
</user>
<user include="yes" value="ttriemst">
</user>
</user_list>
</template_file>
Username "ttriemst" has no problem with the workflow. I am having the problem with the username "tjacobs". I have verified that username "tjacobs" is in the editor.uid. It is not generating any errors in the log files. I have no idea what else it could be. I am using TS552 on Solaris 2.8. Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Try moving the <role include="yes" value="editor"></role> line up, so that it's the second one listed.
My guess is that tjacobs is also in either the author.uid or admin.uid file and is being excluded from running the workflow based on those exclusions *before* it gets to processing the editor.uid file.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nipper
That is happening ?
You are trying the close button ?
Does it ask you if you want to submit ?
Also, do a file properties on the DCR you are working on. If it is
already part of an active workflow, it will not prompt you for a WF.
HTH
Andy
Lex
We also stumbled across a strange bug using tt_data to fire off a workflow. If the workflow is the only one the user is authorized for it never fires. Is it possible that ttriemst has other workflows available, but tjacobs does not?
Darryl Luther
darryl.luther@weyerhaeuser.com
Senior Web Analyst
Weyerhaeuser
ttriemst
Sorry it took so long to get back with you. I moved editor role to be second in the list, and I also removed the user "tjacobs" from the author.uid file. I still do not get a "pop up" box asking me if I would like to start a job. I also did a iwreset -a after making all the changes, still no luck. Any other thoughts?
ttriemst
To answer is yes to your questions. I have been trying to start it using both the "close" button and the "x" (top right corner of window) to close it, and I still do not get any pop up window asking if I want to submit. As for the question about being part of an active workflow, I did a file properties on the DCR and it does not look like it is currently part of an active workflow. This is what the properties says:
Basic Attributes:
Modified Size Creator Creation Date
Yes 5,160 bytes ttriemst Monday, 24 Nov 2003 10:12:27
File Security:
Writable Owner Group Permissions
Yes ttriemst ebmk rwxrwxr-x
Area Security: /default/main/gfs_internet/WORKAREA/tjacobs_wa
Writable Owner Group Permissions
Yes tjacobs ebmk rwxrwxr-x
Workflow:
Job (ID) Job Owner Task (ID) Task Owner
Submit Workflow (4904) tjacobs Submit changes (4906) tjacobs
Lock:
Workarea Lock Holder Lock Time
This file is not locked.
TeamSite Extended Attributes:
Attribute Value
TeamSite/Templating/DCR/Type Marketing_US/classifieds
Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
ttriemst
I tried addingthe user "tjacobs" to be part or other workflows (and did a iwreset -a) and I am still not having any success. I tried adding the user to a workflow in a different branch and in the same branch. Anyt thoughts?
nipper
2 points
The X button will not start a WF with tt_data, only the close button will.
ALso, this file is part of a WF already:
Workflow:
Job (ID) Job Owner Task (ID) Task Owner
Submit Workflow (4904) tjacobs Submit changes (4906) tjacobs
Lock:
Try completing that WF first then try another.