Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Open deploy 5.6
rodigz
Hi,
Please help to provide information on how to use the schedule deployment of Open Deploy 5.6. Will it be possoble to deploy a single file in the particular file?
regards,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
RTFM !!
Open Deploy Administration Guide Release 5.6
Chapter 6: Scheduled deployments.
WebChart.zip
iwovGraduate
"... deploy a single file in the particular file"
Can you explain what do you mean by this ?
You can deploy a single file.
rodigz
Hi,
scenario.. I have a file in /sample/ directory the name of the file is SAMPLE.HTM then I want to deploy this file only during midnight. My concern is what if other users edited a file under sample directory also but they don't want to deploy the files during midnight.
I hope you got my idea.. Basically deploy one file eventought there also other files edited on the same directory.
THANKS!
rodigz
Hi,
I'm still in the process of installing the Open Deploy 5.6 that's why I cannot the test the deployment scripts.
Can I define here HTM file so that it will deploy single file not the whole directory?
<definition name="webfiles">
<source>
<sourceFilesystem area="C:\website\files">
...
</sourceFilesystem>
</source>
thanks!
</definition>
Adam Stoller
To deploy a single file from within a directory that contains only one file - you can specify the sourceFilesystem area to be that directory.
To deploy a single file from within a directory that contains more than one file - you need to use sourceFilesystem with a filelist specification - providing a filelist that contains a single entry for the file you wish to deploy.
OD 5.6 allows you to schedule deployments with parameters - so if this is a fairly constant thing - just store the filelist someplace where it won't get removed or altered [unintentionally] and you can specify the filelist name as a parameter using the '-k' flag (assuming you've written the deployment config file to use that parameter accordingly).,
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com