Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problem with TeamSite Trigger on NT
Mandar
Hi ,
I'm new to interwoven. I'm experiencing a problem while running a trigger for TeamSite on Win NT. I have created a service using instsrv.exe and able to start the service successfully. The trigger sends an email notification as and when the file gets submitted to STAGING.The problem is, I'm not able to receive the mail and hence do not know whether the trigger is running or not.
Please help me in this regard
Thanks
Mandar
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
First, you can probably make your life easier by using 'iwat' rather than 'iwatsubmit' (RTFM - but essentially you don't need to create a service).
Second, how are you sending the email? Are you using a Perl module (like Mail::Mailer, Mail:
endmail, etc.)? or some binary program (like 'blat')?
Third, especially if you are using a Perl module - how are you configuring the mailserver / SMTP server to use for transmitting email?
Fourth, how are you configuring who receives the email?
Fifth, are you sure you really want to send email for each and every file that gets submitted?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Mandar
Hi Fish,
Thanks for the reply. Actually I just want to test whether the NT Trigger works with TeamSite, and hence tried with example provided. As the said trigger is not working with email functionality, I want to try it with simple application , for e.g Notepad. So as and when any and evey file gets submitted to STAGING, I need notepad application to be executed.
For that I made change in created service as
Application: c:\iw-home\iw-perl\bin\iwperl.exe
AppParameters: C:\iw-home\bin\iwatsub.ipl C:\iw-home\iw-perl\bin\iwperl.exe c:\winnt\notepad.exe
The trigger is still not working. Am I making any basic mistake while creating the Trigger
Thanks
Mandar
Adam Stoller
Are you using iwatsubmit or iwat?
I suggest you use iwat - RTFM for usage - it's a lot simpler than iwatxxx - but it does process things differently (command line arguments rather than environment variables).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com