Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Datadeploy
brin
How do I deploy a DCR, using standalone deployment. I tried using iwdd.ipl, but dont know the exact parameters, which needs to be passed.
Can u help me?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Have you tried reading through the manuals?
Have you tried looking at the usage from running 'iwdd.ipl -h'?
I'd suggest you do that, then, after trying some things - if you still cannot get it to work - post a more detailed question that includes:
(a) the product version (including SP and patches)
(b) the platform(s) involved
(c) [specifically for DD] the DB involved
(d) whether you're working in a 2-tier or 3-tier model
(e) the command line(s) you've tried along with their results (including error messages)
(f) the configuration file(s) you're attempting to use
(g) etc.
Otherwise the question is far to vague
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
jajtiii
I personally found the manual fairly useless.
So, if you're like me, here are some tips (and a bit of filling where the manuals sorely lack):
The first thing you need, imo, is a configuration file, which IW calls 'dbschema'. YOu can do this by hand, but (for your first one) you can also run a command like the following :
iwsyncdb.ipl -dbschemagen [path under iwmount] [templateCategory/templateType] -force (run this last command to overwrite old config files)
Once you have that (you'll have to play around with the relative paths), you can now tackle iwdd.ipl. Taking a look at that config file will be somewhat self-explanatory and IW's manuals seem to cover it very well (I've found no mines here). You can then get it to run by a command line like the following :
iwdd.ipl cfg=[path-to-config-file-above] deployment=[deployment-from-config-file] logfile=[path-to-logfile]
The last part you will not find in any manual, but that is the absolutely ONLY way you can get the thing to log its results. Unfortunately, it regenerates the log on every run, instead of appending, but c'est la vie.
Migrateduser
I'm pretty sure the newer DD manuals had a significant amount of material added. If you do crack them open, be sure you have the latest version.
lissa