Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
6.1 ContentCenter Professional Users Guide
boomer1
Does anyone know where the 6.1 ContentCenter Professional User's Guide is? The support site says:
"*CC Standard and CC Pro User Guides are available online to users with each of those interfaces".
Does anyone know what this means? I'm looking for a PDF that I can print, not just the in-context help.
Thanks!
Boomer
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
There is no pdf version for users guide for TS 6.x.
See this
thread
Migrateduser
After reading the other multiple posts on this topic, I am as thoroughly irritated as many of you appear to be. It is true as others have already pointed out Interwoven has always lacked in the documentation department.
We understand that Interwoven needs make money as we do. However, not for a moment, do we believe that providing a PDF user guide will affect their bottom line. We would like to know what the rationale for this decision was. We fully expect to pay for training but the manual is a necessity for our regulated environment. In prior audits, in order to document procedures, we have been requested to provide essential small areas of manuals.
I'll wrap it up - sorry, the horse is thoroughly beaten.
We are trying to determine if we go -no- go on our upgrade in July. We as many of you do not have time in addition to everything else develop user documentation. All other software that we purchase is generally accompanied with some sort of guide documentation. We have put in a formal request for UI documentation through the support site. Although we have no fantasy beliefs that this will make a difference however I would encourage all of you to call them as well. If nothing, else they will be able to track the number of requests.
Although this is loathsome suggestion, as we should not being doing their job for them.
We would be willing to act as point if anyone would like to collaborate, please no group loafing, to develop a UI overview.
We can do this ourselves, that isn’t the issue, the collective duplicated effort we are all doing is asinine.
Is anyone familiar with Documentum or Vignette? Is this a trend or an anomaly?
Thanks for your time and I appreciate the information posted. It would preferable to be privately scorned vs. public humiliation.
Feel free to email me directly to show the error of my ways.
christine
cantonson@regence.com
iwovGraduate
You might want to take a look at this
KB article #50472
Migrateduser
Our group has just decided to go with Documentum over Media Bin for a customer driven project. Needless to say, my coworker and I are definitely going to get involved with Documentum just in case this becomes a trend with content management as a whole in the company.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
gzevin
I would not do ANY upgrades to 6.1 with the intension to use CC STD interface, at least for the time bwing. It's a little offtopic, but just letting you know.
I've discovered a MAJOR problem in the performance of TS 6.1 once I tried it wiht our production data and IWOV is trying to do something now to fix it....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
Hi Dave,
Thanks for your feedback. I'm not sure if we met at the last user group meeting at Nike. I attended with Gaylynn Calonge.
- c.
cantonson@regence.com
Migrateduser
I'm sure we met, but I am terrible remembering people's names. It's great that Interwoven considers the User Groups the cornerstone of the customer relationship now, taking the place of the Focus Groups and then the guy from Interwoven who was supposed to show up at our User Group this past month cancels out with no offer of a substitute. I think things are getting steadily worse as far as the customer relations go. I'm looking for new projects (non Interwoven) to work on. Just in case.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
Greg - this sounds pretty serious - can you elaborate on what you're experiencing?
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
lhdavis
Please post your experiences as we are planning on migrating from 6.0 to 6.1 next month.
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
Migrateduser
The Users Guide is available in the redesigned HELP system.
For TS6.0 and 6.1, we have moved away from printed manuals
for end-users. Instead, we have moved everything previously
found in printed manuals into online help, fully indexed, easily
searched, and readily navigated with good cross-linking of topics
to make it easy to learn the system.
We heard from many customers during FocusGroup and 1:1
settings that they did not distributed printed manuals to their end-users,
and that what they really needed was excellent online help. This
makes sense; giving an end-user 300+ pages of documentation isn't
practical when rolling out to a large end-user population.
We will continue to produce PDF documentation for systems
administrators.
showcaseClaimsVolume.rptdesign
Migrateduser
Kevin, I think it may make more sense to utilize online manuals for future revisions of an established UI, but for the first go around with a radically new UI, it is absolutely necessary to provide PDF versions of a solid UI document for all users. There's way too much to try and figure out to try and point new and old users alike to online help. It's so much easier to show someone a paragraph or an illustration in a document. I would recommend you guys produce a pdf version based on the many complaints so far in DevNet. Since there are no more Focus Groups, you'll need to rely on DevNet a lot more for your customer input.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
lhdavis
I concur. Especially with the new UI in 6.x.
And maybe part of the decision to not publish a User Guide .pdf was to force users into using and familiarizing themselves with the online help. However, Dave is correct in stating how much easier it is to show someone a paragraph or illustration in a document versus trolling through the online help.
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
Migrateduser
Thanks for the input, Dave.
Please note that Interwoven is committed to FocusGroups.
Our last FocusGroup in San Francisco concluded this past
April. Should anyone be interested in future FocusGroup
events, you can contact your Acct Executive to register
interest. Please note that individual FocusGroup may have
special discussion topics that dictate a limitation of customer
invitees based on applicability.
Kevin
Migrateduser
I think I've already been a pretty loud voice in complaining about you stopping the Focus Groups. I've voiced it to everyone at Interwoven. And Kevin, at this point, Nike is using just about every product you offer, and the ones we don't use we know about and might use them in the future. So leaving us out of any future Focus Groups would lead me to believe you just don't consider us a significant customer anymore.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
Hi Kevin:
Are you an Interwoven representative?
We are not happy with this new format. I plan to address the Blue Cross
Blue Shield Association about this. We were not asked nor given any
prior notice that this change was going to occur. I'm not even sure
in our regulatory environment if this is permissible.
Which focus groups are you referencing? Where did they meet?
Who was involved? Where is the rationale for this? What list
of companies/clients do you have that are happy with this?
This issue is not going away. Dave I wound encourage you to remain vocal and engaged, your insights
are well thought-out, valid, informative and often entertaining.
In addition if there are performance problems with 6.1 we need to be
advised asap.
thks.c
Adam Stoller
Hi Kevin:
Are you an Interwoven representative?
Yeah, you could say he's a representative (what was it, employee number 6?). Kevin - have Lissa show you how to add a signature to your posts ... ;-)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nipper
>Yeah, you could say he's a representative (what was it, employee number 6?). Kevin - have Lissa show you how to add a signature to your posts ... ;-)
You would think the CTO would know how to update his profile.
Andy
Migrateduser
Well this gaff will make me the dork of the day. The "new user" note confused me.
.c
Grundy
Greg, I too am very interested to hear more about the problems you've experienced, as we are planning to move to 6.1 very soon.
Thanks,
Nutt
pieexplodebasedonparm.rptdesign
Adam Stoller
I believe the title is (or at least was): Vice President Web Content Management Products & Solutions - at least according to:
http://www.interwoven.com/events/corp2004/newiwov/l_newiwov.html
Note: According to the website - Jack Jia is the CTO and Senior Vice President of Product Management
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Discovered - I am an Interwoven representative.
(BTW, did confirm my profile is updated).
I would like to follow-up 1:1 with anyone needing
PDF manuals. I would like to understand how they
are using - are you sending to your end-users to
print out? Is it going to all your end-users, or just
a handful? Our experience and learnings is that
manuals are not read beyond a couple of power
users in the organization. I would also like to
understand what the gaps are in our online help -
have your end-users looked at it? Is it less preferrable
than printed docs?
Just a few quick answers to previously voiced
questions:
1. Which focus groups are you referencing?
April 2003 and October 2003.
2. Where did they meet?
San Francisco
3. Who was involved?
Roughly 50+ customers at each event (incl.
Dave Smith from Nike). Total 75+ unique customers
NOTE: This is in addition to UserGroup follow-up
4. Where is the rationale for this?
People couldn't distribute PDFs or printed docs to
end-users, and printed docs were too overwhelming
for end-users, who wanted easily searched, cross-linked,
bite-sized instructions in their browser (online help)
5. What list of companies/clients do you have that are happy with this?
We are going solid feedback that our new Help module, Help
customizability, and online Help are pleasant areas of surprise. Roughly
1 out of 2 customers highlight that this was a good addiiton to TS6.
Out of 350 customers that have downloaded and begun their
implementation, I have heard of the need for PDFs from about 3 or 4.
nipper
>(BTW, did confirm my profile is updated).
when you click on kevinc next to the message, the fields are blank.
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showprofile.pl?Cat=&User=kevinc&what=login
So I assume there is another profile.
Andy
Migrateduser
thanks ;-)
I'll check with Lissa. My profile is in the system - not certain
why not visible.
Adam Stoller
Not just your profile - a little signature piece that would appear at the end of each post would also be good.
As for PDFs / Docs - well, I agree that it probably isn't very cost-effective printing lots of manuals these days - but I think PDFs are very useful for searching / scanning / printing sections out of for later review and being able to use as reference for answering other people's questions. Unless you're telling me that *everything* that would have been in a single PDF is distributed in the on-line help, (and perhaps even then) I think they serve two different audiences and that more often than not it's the more advanced users who need the all-in-one PDF to respond to questions from the less-advanced users.
So you had April and October 2003. It's now May / June 2004 - are there any plans for a Focus Group meeting this year? And is this just for customers or are consultants allowed to participate too?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com