Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Download of large file stops
mimidep
I am unable to view/download large file in TeamSite.
I tried with two different file types:
- 6.2MB zip file
- 2.4MB PDF file
Each time, the download stops after a minute or so.
I have increase the Apache 'Timeout' to 1200 but that doesn't solve the problem.
Can someone help?
I am running TeamSite 5.5.2 SP5 and IHS 2.0.42.2.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
It would be helpful to have a litlle more information. Is this a new installation, or an upgrade to a new SP level of an existing one. Did this capability work before?
When you say download, I assume you mean launchpad. Is that correct? Have you checked your preferences in launchpad to be sure there's room to download the file into the directory specified?
lissa
mimidep
This is a new installation of TS 5.5.2 SP5. However, the same was true with TS 5.0.1. As far as I know, it was never working.
From the TeamSite GUI, I click on the file name, i.e. preview the file. In the case of a ZIP file, I get the standard download window with the opton of 'open', 'save', or 'cancel'. In the case of a PDF file, I get TeamSite 'Special Document' screen with the text 'You have selected a document of type application/pdf that cannot be displayed in this browser window. Please download the file or use the SmartContext Editing toolbar to take actions on the document.'
I have plenty of room on my computer. It looks like the download timeout after a minute or so.
Any idea?
--Mimi
fish
It looks like a web server issue.
This may be a silly and obvious question but did you stop | start Apache ?
Steve North
Interwoven Consultant
Sony - Europe
Adam Stoller
Download and Preview are two different things.
In order for Preview of certain types of documents to work (like PDFs) - you need to explicitly disable the smart-context-editing (SCE) toolbar (I believe now called Visual Toolbar in TS6?) for those content types - this is generally done in the
iw.cfg
file with something like this:
[iwproxy_smartcontextedit_allowed]
_default=yes
_regex=\.(pdf|cgi)=no
, I believe you have to run at least
iwreset
or possibly
iwreset -ui
after making this change before it becomes effective.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
mimidep
I agree that it looks more like a web server problem where the transfer time out.
I have stop and start the apache server (IBM HTTP Server) to no avail. I briefly looked in the server configuration file but didn't see anything obvious.
When I selected the 2.8MB PDF file and use the Edit -> Edit With function, the file gets downloaded successfully in the launchpad and can be viewed by the appropriate application.
If I understand correctly, launchpad (or Edit -> Edit With function) is using TeamSite Apache server whereas the file preview is using the IBM HTTP server.
I am using the IBM HTTP Server 2.0.42.2.
--mimi
fish
I think you're correct in your understanding although I'm getting a bit confused by your web servers...
Launchpad is using the Web Daemon (Apache Tomcat) and is on port 81. This seems to be working OK.
Your Content Web Server which I'm assuming is your IBM HTTP server (port 80) is what is used if you click a file directly off the TeamSite GUI which I understand is where you problem lies.
So -
I would hope to see evidence of the timeout in the IBM HTTP server logs. Are your IBM HTTP server logs giving a clue as to the timeout?
If not we could be barking up the wrong tree ...
Steve North
Interwoven Consultant
Sony - Europe
mimidep
The access.log file shows a GET command:
"GET /iw-mount/default/main/Repo/myfile.zip HTTP/1.0" 200 7127821
The above line shows that the transfer was successful (200) and that it returned 7.1MB to the client. However, when I look on my file system, only 131KB were saved.
I also checked the error.log but didn't see anything in it for today.
--Mimi
fish
Sounds rather odd that the logs are giving a different view to what is happening in reality.
You said the download works through the LaunchPad so are you sure you're looking at the the IBM web server access logs and not the TeamSite access (webd) logs? (Check the time stamp on the output with your activity through TeamSite)
Steve North
Interwoven Consultant
Sony - Europe