Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
configure autoprivate.cfg
cliffhanger
Hi,
I am trying to configure autoprivate.cfg so that it doesn't submit any .exe files to staging area. I have tried in both ways- pattern matching and name matching. Can I really use name matching for that?
This is what the pattern matching code I used looks like:
((
(
(x.exe) (0) (0)
)
))
Unfortunately it still shows .exe files in the list of files to be submitted to the staging area when I click the Submit button from a workarea. What am I doing wrong here?
Thanks,
-Cliffhanger
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
You've got two things wrong.
1. I think you meant
(x.exe) (0) (
4
)
2. Changes to
autoprivate.cfg
only impact new files, not files that already exist in the content store. So any .exe files that are already there won't be changed to private simply by editing this file
And remember to do an iwreset whenever this file is changed
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
cliffhanger
Hi Dwayne,
why (x.exe) (0) (4)? Doesn't this (4) means 4 characters after the file name? Could you please explain what do they really mean when they say (0) means 0 character before the filename and (4) means 4 characters after the file name.
Thanks,
-Cliffhanger
cliffhanger
one more thing on this regard, so is there any way where I can convert files that are already created to private files? Would it do the same thing if I use ((.exe)) instead of (( (x.exe) (#) (#) ))?
Migrateduser
I believe iwprv CLT or something like that can do this.
nipper
iwprv will make it private
Edited by nipper on 09/14/04 01:28 PM (server time).
Adam Stoller
The 4 means that the last 4 characters of the pattern used are significant for being matched against - in this case those 4 charactes are .exe (the '.' is part of it - so that you don't match something like "sexe")
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Dwayne
You're misreading the manual. It doesn't say (4) means 4 characters after the file name. It says that the (4) means that the last 4 characters in the pattern (x.exe) must match the last 4 characters of the filename. The last 4 characters of x.exe would be .exe, so if the last 4 characters of the filename are .exe, it's a match.
If you wanted to mark as autoprivate any file that started with 'abc', and ended with '.backup', then you'd use
(abcX.backup) (3) (7)
Does that make more sense?
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
cliffhanger
Hi,
Is it possible to automate the process so that it privates all the file in some particular directory?
Thanks,
-Cliffhanger
cliffhanger
Hi,
you made it very clear!! Thank you!!!
-Cliffhanger
Migrateduser
You mean a tool that parses autoprivate.cfg and applies iwprv appropriately to content of a filesystem? That does seem like an appropriate vendor deliverable, and most of the logic must already been in a library somewhere, but I don't think any such thing exists.
If you just want to recurse a filesystem and mark every file private, you can write that pretty easily in Perl with File::Find.
nipper
Unix or DOS ?
On unix:
find /iwmnt/default/branch/WORKAREA/workarea/dir -name "*.exe" -exec iwprv -s {} \;
find is a beautiful thing.
Andy
cliffhanger
Unfortunately I am working on Windows, do you know wnything that might come handy for billy's OS?
nipper
gnu find for DOS
You can write a perl script or a shell script to do it.
use File::Find;
my
@list
= ();
$path = shift;
find(\&wanted, $path);
foreach $file (
@list)
{
$cmd="iwprv -s ".$file;
$rc = `$cmd`;
if ($rc) {print "Error on $file value $rc\n";}
}
sub wanted {/^\.exe$/ && push(
@list
, $File::Find::name);}
Something like that in a perl script. The sub for wanted should match to .exe only & is likely off.
HTH
ANdy