Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How can I get the users & groups from "sharedby"
Bowker
ts 6.5
cssdk 2.5
win2k
How can I get the list of users and groups that a specific group task has in it's sharedby. I have a CSTask object but I can't find any reference to "getSharedby" or "getUsers" or "getGroups" or anything like that. I see how to change the list (add/delete) but not get.
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Unfortunately there is no method to actually list the users/groups that own/share a group task.
Best Regards,
Narendra
Bowker
I tend to agree with you on this. My work-around is not too bad, I'll just store the shared by information in a task variable and get it that way - but wouldn't you think that would be an option so you could check before removing or adding a new user/group?
Thanks.
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Migrateduser
Actually, you need not check before removing or adding a user/group. An error is flagged only in cases where the user/group is invalid.
Best Regards,
Narendra
Bowker
I actually have two different reasons to wanting to do this:
1) when a group task has not been picked up by anyone within 4 business hours I wanted to send an e-mail to anyone who can pick it up.
2) In the task before the group task - send an e-mail to all parties involved that there is a task waiting for them.
Now I'll just store the distribution list in a task variable and keep it up to date with the users/groups in the shared by. Just a bit of overhead I didn't want to deal with. Oh well.
I still have an open case with support - It will end up on a feature request list.
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Bowker
As expected - feature request ID 58042
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Migrateduser
very interesting that they created a feature request for this...
if you look in WFtask.pm, the following function is included:
-----
=head2 GetSharedBy(\
@users
, \
@groups)
Returns the users and groups that share this task as lists of strings.
Example:
my
@users
;
my
@groups
;
$task->GetSharedBy(\
@users
, \
@groups)
;
print "Users: ", join(", ",
@users)
, "\n";
print "Groups: ", join(", ",
@groups)
, "\n";
=cut
-----
this snippet is from TS 6.1, but I can't imagine they'd have removed it for 6.5?
cheers,
-Rori
Adam Stoller
This is one of those rare, enjoyable cases where the functionality exists in the Perl "API" but it doesn't exist in the CSSDK (apparently) - and that's what the FR is about.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com