Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
preview-dir
System
Hello,
I am trying to specify the directory teamsite should use to generate files for the preview but obviously it doesn't work.
In templating.cfg I have defined this :
<template name="DisplayDetail_en.tpl" extension="shtml">
<locations>
<branch vpath-regex=".*" preview-dir="/web/preview/List/DisplayDetail">
<directory dir-regex=".*" />
</branch>
</locations>
</template>
But when I try to preview the page with a user of another branch I get this error :
(which is normal since that user doesn't have write access in the templatedata of the other branches).
Preview And Generate Preview And Generate:
The following error occured while creating file /.iwmnt/default/main/prd/intranet/thematics/th00_development/tp0001_topic1/WORKAREA/work/templatedata/zz_tst_th00_so_lock:
No such file or directory
The file was not generated.
However, according to what I read in the doc it should work :
preview-dir: Specifies the directory (in an area of a branch) in which generated files
will be previewed when you preview a data record (using the TeamSite FormsPublisher
Preview button).
Anyone already experienced such problems ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
the user has to have the wrirte access to the workarea, and in particular, to the preview directory. Even though you are 'previewing', templating engine has to create that zz.. file, so this is 'normal - in your own words
try to turn 777 permissions on the preview directory, this might help
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
But that's crazy!
Imagine you have a branch brA and a branch brB.
User usA belongs to brA and user usB belongs to brB
Currently, usB can read brA and user usA can read brB.
Of course usB should not be able to write in brA and vice-versa !!!!!
So to enable usB to preview page in brA, I have created the directory "/web/preview/List/DisplayDetail" in brA and I did add an entry in submit.cfg to grant write access to usB for that particular directory.
The problem is the preview file is not generated in that directory.
Adam Stoller
First - the lazy-man's response: Why? Why do you need to specify a custom location for generating the preview files?
Second - paying a little more attention: Are you saying you have a /web/preview/List/DisplayDetail directory in both brA *and* brB or that you think users who preview content in brB will be generating them inside brA ?? (the former makes sense and would seem to be required - and that all users of that branch have rwx access to that directory, the latter makes no sense)
Third, the error message would seem to indicate a bug that you should follow-up with through Support - you've specified a preview directory in your templating.cfg file, you're getting a permission denied error message - but the error message indicates the default path for the preview directory *not* the custom path.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Hello,
Yes I have a directory /web/preview/List/DisplayDetail on brA and brB, but that's not the point because the preview file is generated in the current branch, so only the branch in which the preview is done must have this directory... and of course all users have rwx access to that directory
I just notice something very strange, I just tried to preview the same page from the STAGING and I got this error message :
Preview And Generate Preview And Generate:
The following error occured while creating file /.iwmnt/default/main/prd/intranet/thematics/th00_development/tp0001_topic1/STAGING/templatedata/zz_tst_th00_so_lock:
No such file or directory
The file was not generated.
Since the STAGING area is read-only, of course it will never succeed in creating a file there !
I'll contact the support, I just wanted to know if someone already faced this problem first.