Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Compound keys + IWDELTRACKER = unhappiness?
System
Hi there DDniks,
A small conundrum has come my way of late which I would be most grateful of some help with if you have the time.
(background: TS 5.5.2, W2K, DDing to MSSQL with UDS)
Adding, Editing and Deleting has been working fine for several months now until we decided on publishing in several languages. This meant changing the Primary Key (ID) in our DB tables to a Compound Key (ID + LanguageID). I duly made the changes to my ddconfig files and all seemed well again in the land of Teamsite. Until that is I decided to test a DELETE. DD failed with the classic -
ERROR:WriteTuple failure to consumer[0]
ERROR:Unable to process TeamSite source templatedata/catalog/productconfig/data/LeTESTdeNick.xml
ERROR:deployment [productconfig] FAILED
Error occured in area outside TDbAgent consumer (explicit rollback initiated)
I started wondering about how the old KEYCOLVALUE was working in IWDELTRACKER now that there were two KEYCOLS instead of one. Hmmmm interesting . Duplicate records for each entry, one for ID and one for LanguageID. Maybe that works and is not the problem or maybe that doesn't work and is the problem. So I checked Devnet for any clues but found none. Can anyone enlighten me ?
Much obliged
/Nick
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Ok maybe I wasn't very clear in my question.
Does IWDELTRACKER work with COMPOUND KEYS ?
Thanks
/Nick
psank2
wipeout the iwdeltracker entries and try it out.
bboyle
I was looking for info about IWDELTRACKER last week and disappointed how little there was.
It would be great if someone could provide info on how datadeploy delete tracking works; and even better if that came with some best practice on what to do to manage changes to primary keys in tracked tables.
We are currently using a URL field as a "primary key" (because it is unique and could be easily calculated prior to deployment). We've just implemented an External Data Source which makes the ID available to datadeploy.
I did some testing to see what happens with delete tracking. Upshot was some records had URL, value stored, others had ID, value stored. I thought that would be sufficient for handling deletes but it would only delete records where it had recorded ID as the colName.
So I guess we would have to clear out the deltracker table first, then change the primary key column name in the datadeploy config, then deploy all the records again to get them inserted into the deltracker? Then it would be able to do deletes? Would that work?
Migrateduser
I wish I could clear out the IWDELTRACKER but there is valuable data in there. So I tried submitting a new DCR and then tried deleting it (which should be the same as a clean Tracker n'est pas?) wth no joy :-(.
But now I'm really intrigued. By your suggestion do you mean that you ARE succesfully using IWDELTRACKER with Compound Keys Mr Psank ?
I presume if I use the PATH method oftracking there will be no problems, or ?
BTW I thorughly concur with you bboyle, there is scant documentation on the mysteries of 'Tracking'
Edited by nichporter on 06/03/04 04:07 AM (server time).