Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Hidden editions
System
Some time back, Fish or someone mentioned something about there being hidden editions that were automatically created in 5.5.2. Does that continue in 6.1 and is it documented anywhere (it's not documented in the admin guide)? Or did I just misunderstand what you were trying to say?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
It does continue (the 6.1 content store isn't significantly different than the 5.5.2 store format)
I don't know about documented. It IS mentioned in the help text for the
iwlist
CLT, which allows you to "see" the invisible editions (with the
-k
flag)
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Migrateduser
Awesome - that's exactly what I was looking for. Does it do an implicit edition every time there is a change, or is it on a periodic basis, or what?
Dwayne
Every submit operation creates an implicit edition. Doing a 'publish' is nothing more than giving that hidden edition a visible name.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Adam Stoller
Yes - it still exists in 6.1 - every time you submit files to staging, a hidden edition (with a name like "#123") is created. If you do an:
iwlist -k /vpath/to/branch/EDITION
You will be able to see all those editions. Once you know the name of them - you can actually view/diff the files by using the explicit path (/vpath/to/branch/EDITION/#123/subdirectory/filename)
I'm not sure about the documentation - and don't really feel like trying to look it up right now but it *should* be in there somewhere...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Is it possible to promote an existing implicit edition to a visible edition? Admittedly all the situations I can think of where I would want to do this are hypothetical, but it seems like something that might be handy.
Dwayne
Good question.
I see in CSSDK that the
CSEdition
interface contains a
rename()
method. Perhaps renaming the edition is sufficient to "publish" it?
In OpenAPI there was a method for setting the visibility of an edition, but I don't see a corresponding method in CSSDK.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Adam Stoller
If that doesn't work the only thing I can think of would be:
I think that's about it - hopefully I didn't leave out any steps.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Dwayne
Except that's not the same thing. Making a hidden edition "visible" would, I expect, keep it in proper date sequence with the other editions. What you're describing is actually creating a new edition which just happens to contain the same content as the "real" target edition.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Adam Stoller
Good point.
I'm not sure you can rename a hidden edition though - so the steps I suggested may be the only viable solution if you need to be able to revisit those versions of the files by name.
(actually, I can think of a more complicated process using multistore and setting clocks on the system back - but that's also fraught with other problems)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
smenon
I don't believe you can rename a hidden Edition. Also, just renaming the edition won't be enough because the TeamSite server has to also update some internal metadata so that features like listing submit logs etc will register this changed name. Could you please file a feature request for this and attach the customer to this FR?
thanks
--Sunil Menon
Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.