Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Refresh Tree in DeskSite / FileSite
bfelknor
I'm adding WorkSpace shortcuts to "MyMatters" Subscription Folder. This is VB6 COM integration, WorkSite 8.x.
Is there a way to programmatically refresh the User Interface -- essentially duplicate the right-click "refresh" action ?
Thanks and Happy New Year.
Bruce
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jny
Currently, there is, unfortunately, no ContextItem to communicate to the Desktop Client to refresh the treeview from within your ICommand_Execute code. In DeskSite, however, you may try using VB function, SendKeys "{F5}", to programmatically press the keyboard F5 refresh key. In FileSite, this will not suffice though... this should be a product enhancement request.
bfelknor
Ok...thanks again.
I mean, there's no way to call the ordinal
@nnnnn
command that is called for refresh ? I mean an unpublished way...or someway that a vb person might not be aware of ?
bfelknor
Or...how about calling an ExtLib function that would in-turn call refresh ? When you import a document using the importcmd, the display is refreshed. Can you think of a command that I could cancel, yet still have it refresh its destination collection ?
Bruce
jny
Unfortunately not...there isn't a memeber exposed by the IManExt type lib that allows you to signal the Desktop Client to refreh the treeview. Unlike implementing an ICommand command for documents, where you may add ContextItem "IManExt.Refresh", True to the mContext in your ICommand code to notify the Desktop Client that the document grid should be refreshed to update the changes made in your code.
guf
Hi bfelknor,
Did you solve your problem ? I am having exactly the same need right now.
I really would like to call this refresh function.
Thanks
guf
guf
Hi all,
thanks to bfelknor who give me the way to a solution, (a dirty one but a one that works).
for a new folder you can do something like that:
Dim cmdBar As Office.CommandBar
Dim contRefresh As Office.CommandBarButton
Set cmdBar = Outlook.Application.ActiveWindow.CommandBars("Standard")
Set contRefresh = cmdBar.Controls("Refresh Worksite view")
contRefresh.Execute
But for the edition of a folder I didn't find a way to refresh the folder aspect so i write something like that:
Set oExplorer = Outlook.Application.ActiveWindow
oExplorer.CurrentFolder.Name = mContext("SelectedIManObject").Name
dirty isn't it ?
hope it might help
guf
bfelknor
Wow, Guf, you're right in front of me. I was going to say the same the other day, but I didn't have time to test it until just now. Yeah, that works, but it's not dirty -- It's the way Microsoft Office works !
As for the second part, are you "refreshing" the tree view in FileSite ?
Well done.
Bruce
guf
HI Bruce,
Glad it helps.
I still don't find it very clean. Maybe if Interwoven add the refresh function to the API it might be cleaner (and I could use the same code in Desksite and Filesite). But I think they are probably doing it the same way.
And you are right for the second part. Actually the first part is used for a new item and the second part is used for the modification of an existing item, and the second part is really dirty, the outlook API is not very handy here.
thanks
guf
KenMcCallum
Hi All,
I'm looking into a couple of interface ICommand's and was wondering whether or not this has progressed at all? Has anything been added to the api, or do we still need to do it the dirty way?
Many thanks,
Ken
jny
FileSite 8.1 and forwards have additional contextitems to support the treeview refresh when they are used in ICommand_Execute():
"IManExt.Refresh", True //this contextitem should always be set to signal a refresh.
"RefreshFolderContents", True // this contextitem is set to refresh the doc grid.
"RefreshSubFolders", True // this contextitem is set to refresh the child folder.
"RefreshAllFolders", True //this contextitem is set to refresh a parent folder and all its child folders.
Note these contextitems were not supported at the time of the request started in this thread.
KenMcCallum
Brilliant,
Thanks very much for your prompt reply jny.
Ken