Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
odd error on older DCRs
Grundy
TeamSite 6.1 on Win 2000 Server SP4
A user reported that when trying to edit a certain DCR, she got this error message:
"The category/type loan_services/general does not exist in templating.cfg. Please contact your system administrator."
Problem is that the given data type does in fact exist in templating.cfg, and I can edit other files of the same type in the same workarea with no problem.
After poking around a bit, I discovered the error seems to be a function of the last modification date of the DCRs. The error shows for older DCRs but not for newer ones. This happens regardless of whether I'm editing or simply viewing.
The affected DCRs were definitely created before our upgrade to 5.5.2, perhaps before our upgrade to 5.0.2. But when I compare the XML code to newer ones which work fine, I don't see any significant difference apart from the content itself.
Any ideas?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
I doubt it has anything to do with the XML within the file. My guess is that there's something funky with the EAs attached to the files. Does everything match up - EAs, directory structure under templatedata, and templating.cfg? And, by match, I mean
exactly
- case sensitive comparison.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
tocdates.rptdesign
Grundy
Good call, Dwayne. The EA defining the DCR type contains a forward slash for the newer ones, versus a backslash for the older. Changing that fixes the problem. Thanks!
Migrateduser
That's just wrong. They changed the direction of the slashes?
Grundy
Not only that, but they failed to make their code backward compatible. I think it actually happened with version 5.5.2, because I realize now I've seen this before. Just got lulled into thinking it must be something else because the error message displays a forward slash no matter which way it goes in the actual EA. Ugh!
GroupOnYAxis.rptdesign