Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
MetaData Capture as part of WF instanciation ?
nipper
My users really really want (as opposed to really want) the MD capture screen to be invoked
as part of the WF startup screen.
My ideas of CGI task in the beginning or a button to set metadata (I think I can do this) on the
start screen are unappreciated.
Is this possibile ? Any clue ?
I doubt it can be done, but thought I would do due dilligence.
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
You mean that they want the metadata capture page to be "in line" with the rest of the fields that you're collecting on the workflow instantiation screen? Ugh.
I don't think there's any reasonable way to do that. The metadata capture screen has it's own form, submit buttons, etc. I seriously doubt that you could "break out" that functionality. You might, in theory, be able to come up with a way to build a frameset that included a reference to the metadata capture screen, but usability would be abysmal.
I vote for "it can't be done."
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Migrateduser
I'm with Dwayne. If you wanted to get super ugly you could do some stuff to parse the MD datacapture.cfg, generate your TAG_info from that, and then use the collected info to set the EAs, but that would be a lot of work, probably prone to breakage, and generally ugly. What is their objection to an immediate CGI Task?
gzevin
wait till teamSite 7.. They say both API for MD capture and templating will be unified and exposed....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU