Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
re-opening a DCR
System
I'm using TST5.5.2 on Win2K.
I've noticed a very strange behaviour when trying to save and re-open my DCRs.
When the datacapture.cfg contains a <container> element surrounding the rest of the elements, I can save and close the DCR normally. However, when I re-open it (either in view or edit mode) the DCT form appears to be empty. When I click on "Preview", the HTML page is generated correctly, so the data of the DCR is still there. But when I save the DCR again (from the apparent empty DCT) the DCR will be overwritten with an empty DCR.
Now, when I omit the surrounding <container> element (it is not needed really, anyway) the DCT is shown fine, but when I try to save the DCR I get an error message, as if the user I'm working under had insufficient write rights (which is not the case).
What I did is: I created a DCR using a datacapture with a <container> element. Then I altered the DCR manually and the datacapture.cfg file to get rid of the container. When I now try to re-open the DCR, it is show nicely in my DCT.
Beats me. Can anyone make sense of this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
tobias
Found my mistake.
In the templating.cfg this category/type was categorized as "xml" instead of "iwov". As the DCR wasn't XML conform its content wasn't displayed when I re-opened it again. Changing the attribute to "iwov" helped.