Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Giving visual feedback in emails for inactive task
System
We send out emails with url commands for almost all user and group tasks. I'm thinking that with the users we have here, they may get confused if they don't delete an email after they take action on it, or even worse, if it's for a group task and someone else has already done it. Anyone have any suggestions for limiting the confusion?
Aside from training, training, training, the best thought I've had so far is that I could put an image in the email, and set its src to a cgi that would check to see if the task were still active and display differently depending on whether it was or wasn't.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Before reading your 2nd paragraph, I was actually going to mention exactly that. Otherwise, (I'm not sure if current email standards support this, but) you could have an iframe tag within the email that reads the status of the task/job.
Dave
---
Interwoven Humor Page
http://iw.simpleinternet.com
Dwayne
I could put an image in the email, and set its src to a cgi that would check to see if the task were still active and display differently depending on whether it was or wasn't
That's a very good idea, as long as all of your users use a mail client that displays external images (not all do). You could even modify it a little, such that there were TWO images - one for active, and one for inactive. The reason for that is that the "action" links in the email could be tied to the image, instead of a button or a text hyperlink. If the task is inactive, make it a 1x1 pixel image, so there's nothing visible for the user to click.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Migrateduser
I've been thinking about implementing some kind of dynamic UI on the webserver with CCI links and sending links to that by email instead of CCI links. You would have full control of how the UI presents task actions, expired tasks, dead jobs, etc. The UI would then be dynamic. It's too bad IW doesn't provide such a UI. Also, integration with Outlook (such as deleting the email when the task expires, or using the task list instead of email) would be cool, assuming users are all on Outlook.