Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite 6.5 Installation
Freedom
Hi:
While installing TeamSite 6.5, I have received following error:
01/04/2005 13:29:45 - STACK TRACE : java.lang.Exception: Product.initOptionalAttributes - Failed to convert product installation directory "C:\Program Files\Interwoven\TeamSite" to
at com.interwoven.install.product.Product.initOptionalAttributes(Product.java:243)
at com.interwoven.install.product.Product.<init>(Product.java:82)
at com.interwoven.install.product.ProductManager._createProductList(ProductManager.java:901)
at com.interwoven.install.product.ProductManager.createProductList(ProductManager.java:464)
at com.interwoven.install.installmgr.InstallManager.install(InstallManager.java:1428)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.actions.CustomAction.installSelf(DashoA8113)
at ZeroGwo.run(DashoA8113)
01/04/2005 13:29:45 - InstallManager.install error - Product.initOptionalAttributes - Failed to convert product installation directory "C:\Program Files\Interwoven\TeamSite" to MS-DOS format
Any ideas?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Well, for starters - don't use Program Files (or any directory with a space in it) as the location for IWHOME - I recommend using something simple like c:\iw-home - it will make your life tremendously easier in the long run.
Other than that, perhaps there's a Java patch missing from the server? (it's been a while since I've tried an installation on Windows - I know there are java patches for solaris, I assume there are some for Windows too)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
IWguy
Curious to see if the original poster fixed his problem or not by changing the location oft the installed app?
Ghoti, do spaces really interfere with TS? Also, has anyone experienced problems when they haven't used the "iw-home" for the install directory?
Thanks,
D
Migrateduser
I have. I was playing around (read: experimenting) with a 6.1 installation a while back and was curious about what havoc would be wreaked if iw-home had a space in the path. What I noticed was that some of the services would just never start, and these services are started by TS binaries, not by any editable script that comes out of the box.
Life is made so much easier by keeping the path simple. I suppose you COULD get away with putting it in a location where there's a space if you were willing to give up some hours for a workaround, but why?
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K
(3) TS 6.1 SP2 on Win2K
IWguy
Wow.. fast response..
Thanks Dave!