Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TS6.5: proposed name for new edition is gone?
RonaldV
I noticed that TS6.5 does not give you a proposal for the edition when publising.
Is this the new (disappointing) standard?
Thanks, Ronald
TS552, Win2k
OD560
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I think it shows you the name of the previous edition above the box, but does not pre-populate the text field with the "next" name like it did in previous versions.
My guess is that some folks didn't like having the text field pre-populated and IWOV changed things to make them happy rather than providing an option to make them happy - either that or they just didn't notice they had made such a significant change.
You can run the CLT iwnexted to see what the programmatically generated name would be, or you can run the CLT iwpublish with the '-g' option to get it to generate and use the "next" edition name for you - but yes, the UI changed (actually, I think this happened before 6.5 as I seem to recall mentioning it a while ago - perhaps with 6.0).
If it bothers you - then contact support and ask for a feature request to re-instate that functionality within the UI (I do find it somewhat silly that one has to request a feature to make things behave the way they used to, but I'm sure they'll claim that it isn't a "bug" so it must be a "feature request")
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
RonaldV
Thanks Fish,
let's see what support wil say...
Ronald
TS552, Win2k
OD560
RonaldV
bug# 57898
TS552, Win2k
OD560
Migrateduser
Hi,
It is planned to make the edition auto numbering feature available from the UI again in TeamSite 6.5.0 SP1. TeamSite 6.5.0 SP1 is currently expected to be released towards the end of this quarter (Q1 2005).
Best Regards,
Tim
--
Tim Porter
Interwoven Technical Support Engineer, EMEA