Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problem translating in Teamsite 6.1
aba
I'm trying to translate different properties files in Teamsite 6.1 but I don't see the changes that I make. I'm following these steps:
1. Go to iw-home/httpd/webapps/content_center/WEB-INF/lib. Using WinZip or 'jar', extract one or more *.properties files from one the following JARs:
ccstd.jar
(i.e. common.properties or portal.properties)
2. Copy the extracted files to iw-home/local/config/lib/content_center/customer_src/src, preserving the relative paths.
3. Replace English strings in these properties files with suitable translations.
4. Build and deploy the customer toolkit following the procedure outlined in Chapter 1 of the UI Customization Guide:
4.1 Execute: \iw-home\local\config\lib\content_center\customer_src> /iw-home/bin/make_toolkit.ipl
4.2 Execute: \iw-home\iw-perl\bin>iwperl C:\iw-home\install\install_webapps.ipl -i -f
Is there something else that I have to do?
Thank you,
Ainhoa
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Gregg Faus
It looks like you're overwriting your changes in step 4.2 with the WAR files located in "\iw-home\private\lib\content_center\".
What you need to do is extract the relevant WAR files into a temporary place, make your changes, and re-archive them back to the original war file. Then make sure you overwrite (make a backup) the WAR file(s) and run step 4.2 again. This will install the web apps with the property changes included within the WAR file(s).
aba
Despite making the chages in the war files and replacing them it doesn't work. Any ideas?
aba
The problem is solved.
The steps that I made are correct, but one more step is needed:
6. In the Internet Explorer browser option for all clients, set the following option:
Tools>Internet Options>General>Languages>Spanish (in the case of Spanish). Remove English from this list.
Note that in case of Spanish International Standard, you MUST call the .properties files: *_es.properties and nothing else.
Ainhoa