Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Move to Area ?
nipper
Splitting a branch on 552 Solaris 2.8. Is there a way to move to a different area which will keep history, versions, etc ?
Tips/pointers/RTFMs appreciated
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
I can't remember now if 'Copy to Area' preserves history or not. If it does, and as long as both branches are in the same store, you should be able to do use that, and then delete the old branch's version.
If it DOESN'T, or if you're splitting into a different store, you could use iwmigrate. I THINK the following procedure would work (back up EVERYTHING, in case I'm wrong)
new stores
Activate the new store, and rename the branch to it's final target name
Repeate for the other branch
Delete the inappropriate content from each branch
If required, migrate the new branches into their final store location
There may be an easier way, but I'm not thinking of it off the top of my head.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K