Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
CGI related
msarker
Hello,
Problem: Can not find environment variable such as "area_path" in a CGI file.
Description:
I have two cgi files. A file menu item is linked with the First CGI File. The first CGI file do a post on the Second CGI file.
I can see all the environment variables in the First CGI file but I do not see any environment variables in the second CGI file. I am using following code to access the CGI object:
my $cgi = TeamSite::CGI_lite->new();
$cgi->parse_data();
My Environment:
TeamSite: 5.5.2 Service pack 6
Sun Solaris 2.8
Thanks for any help.
Regards,
msarker
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Read the perldoc on TeamSite::CGI_lite - specifically the part on get_implicit_data_tunnel_html
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
gzevin
it's a newbie CGI question?
CGI by itself does not pass variables around. you'll have to put them in hidden input elements in your form, so they will be passed on accordingly. In the case you have links from the CGI that invoke the same CGI using the GET method, the envi. variable should be added to those links as well.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
msarker
Thanks to Ghoti and Greg for your help.
By the way I was testing "get_implict_data_tunnel_html()" function. It was displaying only the user's form data.
I am putting the desired env variable in the first CGI in the hidden form element to see it in the 2nd CGI --- as it is suggested by Greg. It turns out that it is the only possible solution (?)
Regards,
msarker