Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Adding matters and clients programmatically (V8)
neilm
I am having difficulty seeing how I can add client and matter rows to the custom1 and custom2 DB tables by any other method other than through the WorkSite DB admin tool or the batch import.
We are integrating our .NET app with WorkSite using iManage.dll and iManExt.dll and I need to be able to populate the client and matter tables from the app on the fly. However I can't find any documentation of integration at the server level or appropriate functionality in the client side components.
Is the only solution to update the custom1 and 2 tables in the DB directly via SQL and, if so, are there any implications for this?
Thanks in advance
Neil
PS Our app is n-tier so placing a component on either the iManage server would not be a problem.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
dopey
As of IManAdmin 8.0, we now support the INRTDatabase2 interface. This contains methods
InsertParentCustomField
InsertChildCustomField
"Child" custom fields are custom2 and custom30. The rest are parents.
You will probably need an explicit cast (like an explicitly declared INRTDatabase2 object) to get to this from VB.
Ben_inform
Hi - i need this exact code to- i have a server side component that needs to add to c1 and c2 programatically.
I am please that these functions exist but is there any samples anywhere or any documentation. I would imagine this to be one of the top requests in terms of WorkSite integration and it would be great to get some more help if there is any.
Regards,
Ben.
dopey
Not much to it (but I suppose that's the point of an SDK).
InsertParentCustomField takes an AttributeID, the name, the description, and enabled.
InsertChildCustomField takes the same, but the name of the parent first.
Code:
IMANADMIN.INRTDatabase2 db = (IMANADMIN.INRTDatabase2) sess.Databases.Item(1);
db.InsertParentCustomField(IMANADMIN.AttributeID.nrCustom1, c1name, c1name + " description", true);
db.InsertChildCustomField(IMANADMIN.AttributeID.nrCustom2, c1name, c2name, c2name + " description", true);
Pagination.rptdesign
jny
' Assuming that IManage Admin Type Lib (v8.0) is referenced.
Dim admindms As New NRTDMS
Dim adminsess As NRTSession
Dim admindb As INRTDatabase2
Set adminsess = admindms.Sessions.Add("servername")
adminsess.Login "nrtadmin", "password"
Set admindb = adminsess.Databases(1)
admindb.InsertParentCustomField nrCustom1, "C1Alias", "C1 description", True
admindb.InsertChildCustomField nrCustom2, "C1Alias", "C2Alias", "C2 description", True
Migrateduser
Is this possible with the IMANADMIN API?
jny
No, unfortunately not; that is, there isn't a way to edit a custom validated field.