Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
inline command
subin
Hi All,
I'm calling an inline command an ipl file which connects to the database and pulls lot of records around 1400. This works sometimes and sometimes it dosent giving an error when i'm trying to create a new DCR. If i run the script by itself it takes quite some time to run but ultimately gives the results.The version of teamsite i'm using is 4.5.1. The error i'm geting is "error reading null:Unexpected end of file". Can someone help me with this. Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jbonifaci
If you have an inline that takes quite some time to run, I would recommend rearchitecting. If this DCT is used often, not only will the load time be frustrating for users, but it could hurt performance on your server.
How often do these database values change? Could you hardcode them? You could create a process that regenerates your DCT when one of your values in the database is changed.
Adam Stoller
In addition to what jbonifaci wrote - you should seriously be looking at upgrading your TeamSite - as not only are you no-longer working with an officially supported version of the software, but you are probably on the brink of not being able to get much in the way of un-official support too.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Just a note that the TeamSite version you are running is >4 years old. Many changes have occurred since then. You may wish to give serious consideration to an upgrade. I know this was not your original question, but I thought I should mention it.
regards,
lissa
subin
Thanks for all your replies. I know that the version i'm using is quite old. We have already upgraded to 5.5.2 version, Some we have already converted and some are in process. These set of dcrs are being used for more than 4 years without any problem and we are in a process of converting them to the newer version. Regarding hardcoding the values, the database keeps changing everyweek they keep adding and deleting models.
Adam Stoller
I'm glad to hear you're upgrading - but keep in mind that 5.5.2 becomes unsupported as of June this year - so you may want to also begin planning for another upgrade...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
What Adam says is true, but getting to 5.5.2 is still a big step in the right direction. Glad to hear you are in progress with your upgrade.
Good Luck!
lissa