Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Background attribute in wftfile element.
deanluckittaro
I'm customizing the configurable_author_submit.wft file and have replaced the submit task with my own nested workflow. For my nested workflow, I would like to set the background attribute of the wftfile element to 't', but I am unable to figure out how to do so. In declare_task I can set a value for wftfile, but how do I set the background attribute for the wftfile element?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
deanluckittaro
I just modified WFconstructor.pm so that it also adds background='t' when I set the value for wftfile. However, the nested workflow still requires manual intervention to start. I think it's missing some required variables or something which I found earlier in another post somewhere....
Migrateduser
Here's the DTD for it:
<!-- ****************************************
If background is 't', then TeamSite will attempt to start a job using the wftfile assuming necessary args will be provided in task variables (for details, see documentation for iwwft_compile.pl. If background job creation fails, then the GUI will present the user the option to start a job. Defaults to false (requiring user intervention). **************************************** -->
<!ELEMENT wftfile EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST wftfile v CDATA #REQUIRED background (t|f) "f">
And here it is used in real life:
<wftask name="BrandMainExecuteDBAWorkflow"
owner="__TAG__('iw_user');"
description="Brand Main - Execute DBA Process Workflow">
__INSERT__("
<areavpath v='$assignment_vpath'/>");
<successors>
<successorset description="Done">
<succ v="BrandMainEmailPendingInitialDevelopmentDelivery"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<wftfile v="/interwoven/iw-home/local/config/wft/nike/brand_dba.wft"
background="t"
/>
<activation>
<pred v="BrandMainCheckDBAWorkflow" />
</activation>
</wftask>
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
deanluckittaro
Thanks Dave. Actually, I was not clear in my initial post. I'm using TeamSite::WFconstructor (declare_task, set_task_attribute, etc.) to create the spec. There doesn't seem to be a function to set the background attribute of the wftfile element to 't' there.
Migrateduser
Why are you doing that? Just curious. I'm not surprised that it isn't an option for you. You may have to build the job spec another way.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
ProgramYearMetrics - No Group.rptdesign
deanluckittaro
Because I'm just updating solutions/configurable_author_submit.wft and replacing the submit task with my own nested workflow. Just got everything to work! My nested workflow required a variable, debug, which I did not set in configurable_author_submit.wft. So I just removed the variable from my nested workflow and it all went through. I figure if I set the variable in configurable_author_submit.wft it'll work too but I have other things on my plate at the moment. Thanks for your feedback.