Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Unavailable command
lceresko
Okay, I have created an HTML page for one user group to use when creating, updating, generating and submitting content. Everything works for my user name and everything BUT submitting works for the other users. When I click the submit link (while logged in as the other user), I get an "Unavailable Command: The operation that you just tried is not available through this interface" error. What is really weird is that as I was testing all this week (as this user) everything worked, it was just this morning that it broke. This same thing happened last month while testing with another user on this same project, but vacations and change of ownership pushed this project back. It seems that overnight both times it quite working. Nothing has been changed on the server and I cannot seem to find anything in the documentation or forums about this.
I have tried changing the roles and changing the access to the templates. I have looked in my ipls--but they are working, it seems to be an odd security issue.
HELP! We have a meeting Wednesday.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Difficult for anyone to help you if they cannot see the code
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
lhdavis
By "HTML page", do you mean data capture template? CGI script? Workflow?
Assuming data capture template, are you limiting access to any roles or users in your templating.cfg file? Are you using a custom submit workflow and, if so, is it available for the "other users" in your available_templates.cfg file?
Also, what version of TeamSite and operating system are you on?
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
lceresko
We are on TeamSite 6.0L and OpenDeploy 5.6.
By HTML page, I mean the following code, which includes a link a data capture template, a link to a nice ipl that generates pages and a couple of links to a customized workflow both based orignally on the author_submit_with_deploy.wft--which are currently the problem. Both customized workflows are currently open to all user roles, but to only one branch in the available_template.cfg--that code is below the html.
Incidently, I just tried using my username and role as both an author and as an editor and I got the same error. I logged in as a master and it worked--and then I logged in as a master with the other username I was testing and it just worked. Where did I screw up the roles so badly? What other code do you need to look at?
Thanks.
HTML Code
<table>
<tr>
<td width="10"> </td>
<td>
<ul>
<li><a target='_new' href="
http://cms01/iw-cc/newform?vpath=/default/main/power_supply/WORKAREA/vantage&iw_tdt=PowerSupply/System
Knowledge">Add System Knowledge Documents</a>
<li><a target='_new' href="
http://cms01/iw/cci/meta/no-injection/iw-mount/default/main/power_supply/WORKAREA/vantage/vantagepoint/portlets/content/departments/power_supply/training_procedures/system_knowledge/index.jsp
">Edit Existing System Knowledge Documents</a>
<li><a target='_new' href="
http://cms01/iw-bin/vectren_regenerate_power_supply_SK_pages.ipl
">Generate Pages for System Knowledge Documents</a>
<li><a target='_new' href="
http://cms01/iw-cc/newjob?vpath=/default/main/power_supply/WORKAREA/vantage/PowerSupplyDocs&vpath=/default/main/power_supply/WORKAREA/vantage/vantagepoint/portlets/content/departments/power_supply/training_procedures&iw_template_file=solutions/power_supply_includes_submit_with_deploy.wft
">Submit Changes to the Intranet</a>
<li><a target='_new' href="
http://cms01/iw-cc/newjob?vpath=/default/main/power_supply/WORKAREA/vantage/PowerSupplyDocs&vpath=/default/main/power_supply/WORKAREA/vantage/vantagepoint/portlets/content/departments/power_supply/training_procedures&iw_template_file=solutions/power_supply_documents_submit_with_deploy.wft
">Submit Documents to the Intranet</a> <br/>
</ul>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
AVAILABLE TEMPLATES CODE
<template_file name='Power Supply Submit Workflow'
path='solutions/power_supply_includes_submit_with_deploy.wft'>
<command_list>
<command value='submit' />
<command value='all' include='no' />
</command_list>
<role_list>
<role value='author' include='yes' allusers='yes'/>
<role value='editor' include='yes' allusers='yes'/>
<role value='all' include='yes' allusers='yes'/>
</role_list>
<branch_list>
<branch value="power-supply" include="yes"/>
</branch_list>
</template_file>
<template_file name='Power Supply Docs Submit Workflow'
path='solutions/power_supply_documents_submit_with_deploy.wft'>
<command_list>
<command value='submit' />
<command value='all' include='no' />
</command_list>
<role_list>
<role value='author' include='yes' allusers='yes'/>
<role value='editor' include='yes' allusers='yes'/>
<role value='all' include='yes' allusers='yes'/>
</role_list>
<branch_list>
<branch value="power-supply" include="yes"/>
</branch_list>
</template_file>
lhdavis
Are you on W2K, Solaris, or AIX? They each can handle user and group permissions differently.
Also, are your users using CCStandard or CCPro to execute this functionality?
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
lceresko
We are on W2K deploying to AIX. But that doesn't seem to matter since you figured it out. When I logged in CCPro it worked great, but when I logged in CCStandard, I get the error--which would explain the out of the blue nature of this problem. Other than logging in as a Pro, any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks again.
lhdavis
Could be that you are not allowing new_job to launch either workflow:
<command_list>
<command value='submit' />
<command value='new_job' />
<command value='all' include='no' />
</command_list>
Might want to also try modifying your branch list for both workflows to be:
<branch_list>
<branch value='/default/main/powersupply/.*' include='yes' />
<branch value='all' include='no' />
</branch_list>
Try that and let us know what happens.
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov