Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
compare versions permission error
NathansDIS
I have a user who is trying to compare 2 versions of a file in TeamSite 6.1 SP1 (win2k) and he is getting an error that says:
You do not have permission to view the file in this area. Unable to view source differences.
I find this peculiar because he permissions to edit and submit the file in question. He also has the ability to compare versions of files in a different folder in the same workarea without this error. I have checked the submit filtering for both of these folders and the permissions are the same. There were some differences in the permissions of these folders on the Y: drive, but I have changed them to be the same and still the problem persists. Has anyone ever seen this before or have any ideas about what is going on here?
Thx,
Nathan
Washington DIS
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bowker
You say that there were some permissions issues that you changed. You can't change the permissions on previous versions. Can you do comparisons on different versions where both of those versions were created after the permissions were changed?
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
NathansDIS
I will do some testing and post the results to this thread. Thank you for your insights.
-n