Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Multiple Instances of TeamSite
rblaust
I have been asked to explore the possibility of put 2 instances of TeamSite on the same server. The purpose would be to have a development environment as well as a test environment. The development environment would be used for new configurations, workflows, templates etc. The test environment would be used for testing service packs, etc. If anyone has done this I would be interested in how you set this up. If this is not possible I will need to pass along specifically why this cannot be done.
Thanks in advance.
Randy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You can only install one instance of the TeamSite server on a server - always has been the case and likely always to be the case in the future.
This is primarily because TeamSite interacts with the kernel to provide its own virtual file system and as such it is not designed to be able to support multiple instances.
One exception to this would be the potential to install multiple instances of TeamSite on virutal machines (generally for Windows) but while that might be okay for multiple development environments (like different versions of TeamSite) I don't think it would be recommended for production purposes.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nipper
Per what fish said, in an DOS environment, you can use a tool like VMWARE to have multiple virtual
machines. You may be able to run two at once, never tried it. IW SEs used to use (and may still) VMWARE
to host virtual machines on their demo systems.
HTH
Andy
Bowker
we investigated (through IWOV) the possibility of using TS on top of VMWARE for our production system - Their response was "we won't support that configuration".
If your testing/development environments are anything like ours (they want testing to match production to ensure a smooth migration) I don't suggest it. Maybe spending a few grand to buy another small server may be in order.
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
rblaust
I'm familiar with VMware. Is there something similar for a Sun server?
Randy