Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Deployment
System
I am using Teamsite 6.1 and opendeploy 5.6 with service pack 1. I have a problem i my opendeploy.
my $area =/default/main/id/WORKAREA/sit_icard
my $filelist=/picsreg1/icms/iw-home/temp/filelist772.txt
In my file list i have the file to be deployed as import/webserver/images/app_it_id.gif
my target directory =/picsreg1/icms/docs/images
in my deployment configuration file i have given it as
<source >
<sourceFilesystem area="$source^" filelist="$filelist^" > <pathSpecification >
<path name="import/webserver" >
</path>
</pathSpecification>
</sourceFilesystem>
</source>
In my target directory i dont want import/webserver directory. I want the fi;le to be deployed directly under images.Thats the reason i have given in the path specification as
<pathSpecification >
<path name="import/webserver" >
</path>
But it is not working.the deployment says successfull. but files rea not getting deployed. when i give <path name="."> then the files are getting deployed. but in import/webserver/images directory.Is it a teamsite problem.If it is any patch . Or is it any problem in my deployment configuration file.Its very urgent. Please advice.
Regards,
Nirmala
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
sunil_j
Hi,
I think there is some problem in your deployment specification file. Please attach the appropriate deployment configuration so that some can have a look and help you out !!
All please let us know what entries you have in your Opendeploy Receiver xml file??
Regards
Sunil
Technical Consultant
Sydney (Australia)
Johnny
I have experienced the same issue.
It looks as though OD pushes out the full location given in the flielist.
It means you need to preprocess the filelist to remove your placeholder/docroot locations.
This has made it messy in my experience when a branch contains multiple docroots. IE webserver and app server.
It means that path specifications appear to work differently in a filelist deployment compared to an area comparison. This could be arguable I think though.
What I really need is to be able to split off the file list through path specifications.
That way I can have one filelist for my deployment meaning a generic solution across all the sites.
Would be good... how bout adding that?
John Cuiuli