Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Smart Context Editor
rodigz
Hi
Can the Smart Context Editor can check the "missing link" and "missing images" ??
Or please provide url.. can I find information about Smart Context Editor.. How to use it or functions and etc..
regards,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
I'd suggest that missing links and images are done via external scripts, as SCE is essentially helping you VISUALLY browse thru your workarea.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
rodigz
thank you..
Where can I get information of Smart Context Editor?
regards
iwovGraduate
What do you need to know about SCE ?
Have you looked at Users Guide ?
iwovGraduate
Not quite sure what you are asking.
There is an option on the SCE to "Check Links" which checks for missing links/images on the page you are previewing. Is that what you want to do ?
rodigz
thanks..
I need information on how to use Smart Context Editor. Where can I get information about it?
regards,
Rod
sunil_j
I think you will find information in the TeamSite/Templating User Guide.
Regards
Sunil
Technical Consultant
Sydney (Australia)
Adam Stoller
Smart Context Editing a.k.a. SCE toolbar (which I believe became the Visual Toolbar in 6.x) is a "virtual" toolbar that shows up when you preview content within TeamSite - from the toolbar you can then select operations to perform while viewing the rendered content; like 'edit', 'submit', etc. It is *not* an editor (which is perhaps one of the reasons it was renamed in 6.x). It was also known (at least in pre-6.x versions and perhaps still) to have problems working with certain types of content like PDFs and Word docs etc. - For that, there are regex's you can place within the iw.cfg file to specify file extension patterns to disable the loading of the SCE toolbar when previewing. This is pretty much all covered [to some degree] in the TeamSite Administrator's Guide and/or Users Guide.
There's also the Visual Format Editor - which is a 3rd party product (Ektron) that is shipped with TeamSite Templating (renamed Forms Publisher in 6.x) that allows you to use a WYSIWYG editor for textareas in your DCT forms. There are pros and cons to this most of which you can find by searching through these forums. Since this is related specifically to templating - you'll find documentation regarding it in the templating manuals.
Then there's also Visual Annotate - an add-on feature that allows you to mark-up / annotate HTML pages while viewing them in WYSIWYG mode - I believe there's a separate document.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
rodigz
thanks.. to you guys.. Know I have better understanding on it...
one more question. I just have lazy users... On the smart context ediort there's a link to check the links.. "Check Links". Is there a way it be onload in the pages. Once the pages is load the check will link page will pop-up with out clicking the "Check Links" basically onload.
thnaks,
Adam Stoller
There *might* be a way, but my guess is that it would require hacking product code to do it, so it would be unsupported and subject to being replaced when you apply patches, service packs and/or upgrades.
A better solution might be to find/use one of the many link-checkers out there as part of an externaltask or cgitask script in a workflow and to not allow the workflow to proceed if the link-check doesn't succeed. This way it's either automated and/or enforced regardless of how lazy your users are.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com