Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
opening remote server file
sachin_sharma78
HI all,
Is it right way to open a file from remote server.
I m using teamsite 6.1 and integrating it with plumtree(which is on some other server). There is a HTML file which is generated by plumtree everytime a community is added to it. I want to read this file from custom script(ipl) so that i can pass its contents to listbox of my DCT. currently i m copying this file to my C drive and read it from there. since this file is generated after 5-10 min. so i dont want to use open deploy.
Is it possible to open the file remotely thru perl ?
I went thru some examples available on net but cudnt get success...
Regards,
Sachin
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I suppose you could develop a client/server program such that server A sends a request to server B to read a file, and server B reads the file and sends the content back through the pipe to server A... Not entirely sure how to write it (having never had the need to write a client/server program) - but it could certainly be done.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
I would lean more toward using the Net::FTP module to grab the file at the beginning of the perl script. Or maybe use rsync. Or he could expose the file via a web server. Writing your own protocol just to grab a file seems like overkill to me.
Adam Stoller
I agree - but if you were going to use those other mechanisms, why not use OpenDeploy? Unless the remote server is one which does not already have OpenDeploy installed - in which case using Net::FTP to retrieve the file and then read it locally makes sense -- but it didn't sound like they wanted to actually retrieve the file, just the contents.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com