Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Browsing TS workarea from CGI?
ReggieRWalker
Env. TS 6.1, SP1, Win2K
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have created a workflow that allows a user(via CGI Task) to select a DCR, the path-to-save-the-DCR, etc. Using embedded CCI URLs, I provide them a link to actually edit the DCR. At the conclusion of the workflow, the DCR then generates the desired file, in the desired location, submits, etc. This workflow is called 'Add New Content.'
I want to create another workflow called 'Edit Existing Content,' in which I (possibly) allow our users to browse the workarea for the file that they want to edit, at which point I can extract the associated DCR, use CCI URL to create the link allowing them to edit, etc.
Has anyone ever initiated a "browse" function from a CGI? Is there a way to "capture" the selected file's value, using the 'viewdirectory' CCI URL?
TIA
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
one of my clients simpli lists all DCRs in a selectable list in one of WFT instanitaion screens.
you could probably reuse my bwrowser callout (available from the tech library) for thos, but some hooks to the fields instantiation wil need to be rewritten.
It's a pity IWOV does not expose their internal browser/calendar code via an API....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
The attached is a hijacked version of the internal browse functionality, using a hidden frame to acheive some of the goals. This is created to use for the DCT callout for performance purpose, you can definitely modify it and target it for your purpose.
Since this is using none-exposed API, this may not be supported in the next release, use at your own risk -