Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite upgrades changing /tmp directory perms
fish
TS 552 SP3 Solaris
I've just upgraded datadeploy in Staging. The tar.gz file was in the /tmp folder. Having run the install script I had various TeamSite server problems that boiled down to the /tmp folder having incorrect permissions. Everything is now OK. However, I suspect I that teamsite does is it chowns the dir it is installed from and I'm sure I've come across this before...
Does this ring any bells with anyone?
Steve North
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ts_user
Are you installing TeamSite as "root" user? Installing TeamSite as non root user creates issues on Solaris.
neilmas
Hi,
I guess you have got to install TeamSite as "root" user.
PaulD
fish,
I ran into this, too, on AIX. I installed v6 as root and the installation changed the perms (2777) on /tmp to 0777. Not sure why it needs to do this but it does. On a side note there was a bug in one of the installation files that showed up for me so I had to install 6 many times and each time it changed the perms on /tmp
fish
Many thanks - it is not just me then so I'll issue a support request.
On that side issue - fancy finding a bug in a TeamSite install life would be so boring without TeamSite bugs.
Steve North