Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Visual format
System
Hello,
I am working on Teamsite 5.0.1 on Windows OS, I was working with Teamsite templating, and it was giving me some problems. As i was working on <textarea> part of my DCR (datacapture.cfg), i tried using the external-editor attribute and set this attribute to 'visulaformat' well once i saved my DCR it didn't show me the visual format of the textarea, instead it asked me to download one. I went on to download the visual format software for teamsite. After down loading it, it doesn't display my DCr at all , It diplays it for few seconds and shuts every thing down ( all my teamsite windows). My entire templating works fine without visula format. Please suggest me some thing.
Thank you
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
I remember there being an incompatibility between an older version of VF and some versions of IE that caused IE to crash. Sorry, I don't remember anything more specific than that.
Is upgrading to a newer version of TS a possibility for you?
You might try searching the support site, looking for information on this. There may be a workaround posted there.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
ela
Hi,
there are quite many posts on VisualFormat causing IE to crash, for instance:
Clicking "Close" on DCT causes IE to close
.
I haven't had any problems opening the DCRs, this problem only occured when closing it. Recommended (max) number of replicants with VF editor in TeamSite 5.5.2 was 5.
I also remember we had to install a patch when testing in TeamSite 5.0.1, so check out the available updates for your version on the Interwoven support page.
Good luck!
Eldbjoerg
Migrateduser
I'm just going to echo Dwayne's recommendation to consider an upgrade. The VF version that's part of 5.0.x is very old. Many bugs and issues have been fixed. 5.0x is also at End of Life, so it will be hard to get fixes for any problem you do find.
I know the upgrade includes a backing store conversion, but the new features in 6.x and the stability of 5.5.x are worth the one time investment IMHO.
lissa
Migrateduser
And what about the
financial
investment? :-)
Adam Stoller
The financial investment too - if you plan to continue using TeamSite it's worth upgrading to at least 5.5.2 to avoid TONS of issues and to get on to somethig that, at least today, is still supported (granted - only for about another 9 months - but that's better than something which has been unsupported for more than a year (I think it's been more than a year?).
If you're not planning to stay with TeamSite then yes - the financial consideration of upgrading is a bigger factor - but that's a whole other issue.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com