Image Resizing while importing from Media Bin

ramanagga1984
edited July 15, 2021 in TeamSite #1
My Problem is mentioned below :

Currently it is required to manually change images if they are required on the site in multiple sizes.
These images are then uploaded to MediaBin and imported into TeamSite via DCTs.
Functionality can be implemented to allow the resizing on an image automatically during the import
process, this functionality is called an External Task and would allow the user to select desired size
from a drop-down list and apply size when they select and import the image from the MediaBin
browser.

Can anyone provide any inputs here

Comments

• Multiple Tasks can be created in MediaBin to render images in multiple sizes. When you add an image to Teamsite from MediaBin user can apply necessary task and image of that size can be imported into Teamsite...

Thanks,
    KJ
  • My Problem is mentioned below :

Currently it is required to manually change images if they are required on the site in multiple sizes.
    These images are then uploaded to MediaBin and imported into TeamSite via DCTs.
    Functionality can be implemented to allow the resizing on an image automatically during the import
    process, this functionality is called an External Task and would allow the user to select desired size
    from a drop-down list and apply size when they select and import the image from the MediaBin
    browser.

Can anyone provide any inputs here
    You can achieve this requirement by creating the MediaBin task with "Run Time Parameters". These runtime parameters will be used for converting the images to desired height & width dynamically(meaning you can create the images with any pixels combination). I would recommend you to go through the "MediaBin® Asset Server Task Administrator’s Guide" & go through default tasks(JPEG - 100 X100 Pixels) for more details.
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs