Each page of crosstab data is rendered as a separate excel sheet - Please help :(

kiranv
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hello all,<br />
<br />
I have designed a crosstab report (plz chk attached file) in BIRT 2.5.1 using the CLASSIC MOTORS database. It has 2 columns- Product Name and Quantity ordered where product name is grouped together to show the sum of quantity in column 2. It is showing the expected results. The output is a multipage report. However when I view report as XLS<strong class='bbc'> (which is my requirement) </strong>then each page is shown on a <strong class='bbc'>different Excel Sheet.</strong>I have kept all default properties of the crosstab. <br />
<br />
Plz, please,please help me in this. <strong class='bbc'>I want all the pages in the same excel sheet</strong>. What properties of the cross tab should I change? or is this a bug in Birt??<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance,<br />
Kiran<br />
<br />
PS: Page 560 of the book "BIRT-Aa field guide to reporting, 2nd Edition" states that <br />
"<em class='bbc'>By contrast, an XLS report appears on a single Excel worksheet; page breaks<br />
that you specify in the report design have no effect."</em><br />
<br />
However still each page of the report is on a separate excel sheet. Plz plz help to show all data on just on excel sheet.

Comments

• JasonW
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    When I export your example to xls, I only get one sheet. Are you using the default xls emitter or the Tribix emitter?

Jason
  • kiranv
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Hello Jason,<br />
    <br />
    Thanks for the quick reply. I am using the tribix xls emitter 2.5.1 (org.uguess.birt.report.engine.emitter.xls_2.5.1.201001221050.jar) which i downloaded from <a class='bbc_url' href='http://sourceforge.net/projects/tribix/'>Tribix - Extended Emitters for BIRT | Get Tribix - Extended Emitters for BIRT at SourceForge.net</a>. I am using them since my requirement is also to display charts in excel. <br />
    <br />
    Any other way to generate them in one excel sheet with Tribix emitters??<br />
    <br />
    Thanks in advance.<br />
    <br />
    Regards,<br />
    Kiran
  • JasonW
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    If your xtab report does not have charts why not use both emitters. Export to Tribix when you have a chart, and the normal xls when you dont? The other option may be to look at the code for the emitter and disable the method that creates the new sheet.

Jason
  • kiranv
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    I unzipped the birt-runtime-2_5_1 at another location and now the report is working fine :) .. thnx a lot..
    fortunately there are 2 different types of reports - one with only charts and the other ones with data.

Thnx for ur prompt help.

Enjoy ur weekend.

Regards,
    Kiran
  • kiranv
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    Select Master page of the report. Go to properties-->General.
    Change Type to custom
    Then change Height to some Big number like 200 inches.

Thats it :)

if ur using a Table to display the data then u may also increase the page break interval
  • @kiranv increasing custom page height didn't solve my problem

• In the property editor, go to "General" and change the "Layout Preference" to Auto Layout

• Hi Eric, thanks for quick reply. The layout is auto only.

• @Krunal Umak said:
    Hi Eric, thanks for quick reply. The layout is auto only.

I just looked at the attachments, and they are not Auto Layout. Be sure you change it and this should fix your issue.