Birt Report Viewer turns blank after an hour of running

john1981
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi,

I am a newbie to Birt and I have to create monthly and YTD reports from a huge Database. While running the reports in BIRT Report Viewer the report runs with progress bar indicating "Processing, please wait..." and blanks out after sharp 1 hour. I am able to generate reports which doesnt require more than an hour and view the results. Any report which takes longer than an hour times out. Is there anyway I extend the viewing session. Please help. Its my first job!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• JasonW
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    What app server are you using? Have you set the session timeout for it?
    The birt session timeout should be defaulted to 0. Have a look at the viewer.properties located in the WEB-INF folder of the viewer.

Jason
  • john1981
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Hi Jason,
    I am using the Eclipse series of Birt. Could you please specify where can I find the WEB-INF folder of the viewer. I tried to change the window>preferences>report design>preview>preview server>port for the server to listen on to '0'. But still it turns blank. i have generated the same reports earlier for previous months which ran for 2 hours, but never timed out.

Thanks
  • john1981
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Hi Jason,

I have managed to find out the WEB-INF folder in the plugins, but the viewing.session is already set to 0.
  • JasonW
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    Is this an RCP app that you are working on our does the report get deployed to an external app server later?

Jason
  • john1981
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    Hi Jason,

I have fixed the issue. I have checked the box "Always use external browsers" in the windows>preferences>report design>preview and in the General>web browser I have selected Mozilla firefox as web browser.

Thanks
  • <p>I am facing exactly same issue but in my case birt reports are deployed on server and after 5 minutes birt progress bar disappeared and strange point is on my local workspace progress bar worked for 50 minutes without any issues.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Please let me know if you know any fix for this issue.</p>
  • <p>Any update on this thread/question.</p>