scrollbar to grid object

superbeda
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hello,</p><p>I have a grid with 3 rows, every row with 1 cell. In the second row there is a table. I want put a vertical scroll bar to this row / table. I want maintain fixed position to the first and to the third row.</p><p> </p><p>I go to the properties tab of second row -> advanced -> overflow -> scroll, but it doesn't works.</p><p>I try, also, properties tab of the cell of second row -> advanced -> overflow -> scroll and properties tab of the table of the cell of the second row -> advanced -> overflow -> scroll.</p><p> </p><p>I have Actuate BIRT Designer Professional Version: 3.7.2 Build id: 20130129</p><p>How can I resolve my problem?</p>

Comments

• <p>There is a bug open for this <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=405737'>here</a>.  Can you add your details?  In the meantime you might be able to create an HTML table in a text box and add a scroll bar that way, let me know if you need an example.</p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • superbeda
    edited June 4, 2014 #3
    <p>Hi <span style="font-size:14px;">Kristopher,</span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">thank you for your answer. Can I have an example please?</span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">When I follow your link, there is another link (<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1558-howto-add-scroll-bars-to-a-table/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1558-howto-add-scroll-bars-to-a-table/</a>), but I don't found the post from the devShare. </span></p>
  • <p>Sorry for the slow repose, I've attached an example.  I used the Data Engine API in the onRender of a text item.  Then iterated over the results and built an html table inside a div that includes scroll bars.</p><pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-">//**********************************************************// Get the data//**********************************************************importPackage( Packages.org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api );importPackage(Packages.java.lang);importPackage(Packages.java.util);importPackage(Packages.org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.api);importPackage(Packages.org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api);importPackage(Packages.org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.api.querydefn);importPackage(Packages.org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.core);importPackage(Packages.org.eclipse.birt.core.data);var myconfig = reportContext.getReportRunnable().getReportEngine().getConfig();var de = DataEngine.newDataEngine( myconfig, null );var dsrc = reportContext.getDesignHandle().findDataSource("Data Source");var dset = reportContext.getDesignHandle().findDataSet("Data Set");var odaDataSource = new OdaDataSourceDesign( "DSource" );var odaDataSet = new OdaDataSetDesign( "DSet" );odaDataSource.setExtensionID( "org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc" );odaDataSource.addPublicProperty( "odaURL", dsrc.getProperty("odaURL").toString() );odaDataSource.addPublicProperty( "odaDriverClass", dsrc.getProperty("odaDriverClass").toString());odaDataSource.addPublicProperty( "odaUser", dsrc.getProperty("odaUser").toString() );odaDataSource.addPublicProperty( "odaPassword", "" ); odaDataSet.setDataSource( odaDataSource.getName( ) );odaDataSet.setExtensionID( "org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JdbcSelectDataSet" );odaDataSet.setQueryText( dset.getQueryText() ); de.defineDataSource( odaDataSource );de.defineDataSet( odaDataSet );queryDefinition = new QueryDefinition( );queryDefinition.setDataSetName( odaDataSet.getName() );queryDefinition.setAutoBinding(true);var pq = de.prepare( queryDefinition );var qr = pq.execute( null );var qr = pq.execute( null );rowcount=0; var ri = qr.getResultIterator( ); var customerNumber = new java.util.ArrayList();var checkNumber = new java.util.ArrayList();var paymentDate = new java.util.ArrayList();var amount = new java.util.ArrayList();while ( ri.next( ) ) { customerNumber.add(ri.getInteger("CUSTOMERNUMBER")); checkNumber.add(ri.getString("CHECKNUMBER")); paymentDate.add(ri.getDate("PAYMENTDATE")); amount.add(ri.getBigDecimal("AMOUNT"));}this.text = customerNumber.size();ri.close( );qr.close( );de.shutdown( );//****************************************************// Build the table//****************************************************var table = "<div style="width: 600px; height: 100px; overflow-y: scroll;"><table>";for(i=0;i<customerNumber.size();i++) { table += "<tr><td>" + customerNumber.get(i) + "</td><td>" + checkNumber.get(i) + "</td><td>" + paymentDate.get(i) + "</td><td>" + amount.get(i) + "</td></tr>";}table += "</table></div>";this.text = table;</pre><p>Let me know if this helps.  It's more manual, but it should get the job done.</p>
  • <p>Hi Clark,</p><p>thank you for the report. Is it possible to put inside the div a table object (report item) insted of the html table?</p>
  • <p>I haven't tried it yet but you could bookmark your table which is like giving it a div name.  Then in a text item (make sure it's before the table) you would use something like this</p><pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-"><script> function loadScript() { var mytable = document.getElementById('mytable'); var newtable = document.getElementById('newtable'); var contents = mytable.innerHTML; mytable.style.display = 'none'; newtable.innerHTML = contents; } window.onload = loadScript();</script><body><div id="newtable" style="width: 800px; height: 100px; overflow-y: scroll;"></div></body></html></pre><p>Where "mytable" is the bookmark name you gave the table.  let me know if this works!</p>
  • <p>I tryed your suggestion, but it doesn't works. I attached my report. Please can you help me?</p>
  • <p>You have to add one grid(1X1) and set the required width and height. then for 3 times you have to set the overflow property to scroll.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>1. select the grid and set the overflow property(properties --> advanced --> overflow --> set scroll).</p>
    <p>2. select the grid's row and set the same again.</p>
    <p>3. select the grid's cell and set the same.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Now add the content what you want to show like grid,table, image any thing in the grid.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>it will work</p>
  • Hello Ahamed,

It worked good. I would like to scroll the grid data vertically automatically. Could you please help how to fix that.
    Thanks in advance.