Analytics Designer install issues

2»

Comments

• <p>Here is a copy of a report that I initially got to run with the new Designer.  I figure it would be easier to provide an example rather than trying to put it all in words .  As my screen name says, I'm still a rookie when it comes to all the 'lingo' of the BIRT world.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Have a great weekend!</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Scott</p>
  • <p>I should specify that the report was originally designed in Actuate BIRT Designer Professional Version: 11.0.3.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Scott</p>
  • <p>Just curious, but do you have the "Copy of SPC.rptlibrary" file located in your project folder as well?</p>
    <p>I noticed that you data source "SPC_WH" is actually referenced in the library file.</p>
    <p>Another thing I noticed is that the IP address of the data base is defined within [square brackets].</p>
    <p>Normally this shouldn't be the case.</p>
    <p>Typically it should look like the following:</p>
    <p>jdbc:actuate:sybase://127.0.0.1:5000;databaseName=YOURDBNAME</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>The reason your designer is locking up is because its attempting to connect to the data source and is unable to connect to it.</p>
    <p>This could be caused by the scripting code in your report.</p>
    <p>Make sure the rptlibrary mentioned above is located in your project folder and that when you open your report design you shouldn't see any <span style="color:#ff0000;">red x</span><span style="color:#000000;"> appear anywhere.</span></p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • <p>Good morning, Matthew and Jesse!  My reports run fine in the old Designer (11.0.3) as they are (even with the brackets around the IP address).  The new version of Designer (4.4) won't even fully start to allow me to try and open a previously designed report (I do have the resources from the old designer copied over to the new version).  So, this is where I'm at on a Monday morning.  I have an email in to Sameer Hajarnis (he is working with our company on our transition from iServer to iHub and the analytics package) to see if he could possibly shed some light on the issue.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Have a great day!</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Scott</p>
  • <p>Think we've found the issue.  All on my end, as my co-worker and I were inadvertently trying to install a trial version of the commercial software that he already had installed on his system.  I'm guessing that it didn't like trying to install on another computer using the same downloaded file.  Am in the process of getting the full commercial version from licensing at Actuate to install on my system.  I apologize for all the confusion.....</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Have a great day!</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Scott</p>
  • <p>This is very interesting behavior, however I am glad you were able to figure out the issue.</p>
    <p>If you have any issues with the commercial version, please open a support case with Actuate Support: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.actuate.com/resources/support/global-support-centers/'>http://www.actuate.com/resources/support/global-support-centers/</a></p&gt;
  • <p>Good morning, all!  So, we finally found what the <strong><em>REAL</em></strong> issue was with Designer Pro not working on my system.  When we went into <em>IE -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings</em>, we found that "Use a proxy server for your LAN" was checked.  Once we removed the check, Designer worked like a charm.</p>
    <p>Thanks to all for the help on this issue!  It's amazing how something as simple as a checked box can cause such problems.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Have a great day!!!</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Scott</p>
  • <p>That is a bit odd that a proxy setting would cause that type of hanging but I am glad to hear that did the trick and it's working now.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Let us know if you have additional questions.</p>
  • I'm having a similar issue installing and running the Open Text Analytics Designer on my Mac.

• I am running MojaveOS.

• My JDK version is this.
      java version "13.0.1" 2019-10-15
      Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 13.0.1+9)
      Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 13.0.1+9, mixed mode, sharing)

• The install file I have is this.
      "opentextanalyticsdesigner-macosx-cocoa-x86_64-ihub1640.tar.gz"

I can install and run the same version of Eclipse just fine.
    "eclipse-jee-2019-12-R-macosx-cocoa-x86_64.dmg"

1. I click the icon to start.
    2. It prompts me for the workspace location.
    3. Then a prompt shows up showing there is an error and the log location. This is the content of the log.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2019-12-19 10:54:52.460
    !MESSAGE Application error
    !STACK 1
    org.eclipse.e4.core.di.InjectionException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/annotation/PostConstruct
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:386)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorImpl.java:294)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.make(ContextInjectionFactory.java:162)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.createDefaultHeadlessContext(E4Application.java:490)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.createDefaultContext(E4Application.java:504)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.createE4Workbench(E4Application.java:203)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:632)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:610)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:138)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:567)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/annotation/PostConstruct
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:151)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:375)
    ... 22 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.annotation.PostConstruct cannot be found by org.eclipse.e4.core.di_1.6.1.v20160712-0927
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:410)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:372)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:364)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:161)
    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521)
    ... 24 more

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 4 0 2019-12-19 10:54:52.465
    !MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/annotation/PreDestroy
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.disposed(InjectorImpl.java:426)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.Requestor.disposed(Requestor.java:154)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.ContextObjectSupplier$ContextInjectionListener.update(ContextObjectSupplier.java:78)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.TrackableComputationExt.update(TrackableComputationExt.java:111)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.TrackableComputationExt.handleInvalid(TrackableComputationExt.java:74)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.EclipseContext.dispose(EclipseContext.java:176)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.osgi.EclipseContextOSGi.dispose(EclipseContextOSGi.java:106)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.osgi.EclipseContextOSGi.bundleChanged(EclipseContextOSGi.java:139)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:903)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)