Chart Legend Size/Wrapping

RobR
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
I'm working through my first chart and I'm having trouble getting the legend to render properly.

It's truncating the values. Can someone tell me what properties I should be tweaking to get the legend correct?

Thanks!

Comments

• RobR
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Never mind. I re-sized my chart so that a "legend" can fit without BIRT truncating it. Since my legends are a fixed width this solves my problem.
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    You can also set to allow the legend to take up a larger percentage of the chart's size or play with the insets on your own to allow the labels to show.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • <p>Hi, I am also facing the same issue. The only difference is my legends are dynamically generated by some query. BIRT is unable to plot the legends and get the legends chopped off from the chart area.</p>
    <p>Can you please help me to get this fix.</p>
  • <p>Hi BIRT Guru,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Can you please comment on the above question as fix required urgently.</p>
    <p>Thanks</p>
  • <p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
    <p>What type of chart are you using? (SVG, PNG, HTML5, etc)</p>
    <p>Can you attach a sample report that demonstrates your chart configuration for the legend?</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>One solution when having legend issues is to create the legend separately with scripting.</p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • <p>Hi JFreeman,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Currently i am using the 4.3.2 birt version with SVG chart type.</p>
    <p>Please let me know if any version and chart type related issue.</p>
    <p>OR</p>
    <p>Please let me know if can you use any script for legend plotting, if possible paste any example.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Thanks</p>
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • <p><span style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">In Case for Horizontal wrapping of dynamic legends u can use the following property:</span><br><span style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">From your Eclipse designer: set Format Chart->Legend->Entries->Ellipsis property to possible max length of your dynamic legends. and the problem will be solved.</span><br><br><span style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">As this property work as follows:</span><br><span style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">The default value is "1". Int attribute "Ellipsis" specifies the behavior of shortening the legend item's text with ellipsis if there is not enough space to display the whole text. Value 0 indicates that the feature is disabled, and the legend item will either be displayed with whole text or be dropped. A positive value n represents the minimal count of characters to be displayed before the ellipsis, which means the legend item will either be dropped or be displayed with at least n characters.</span><br><br><span style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">Hope this will solve your problem. It worked for me.</span></p>
  • Thanks @wp123. Your description on Ellipses helped me.