Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
What is the best way to hide a table at runtime
newbie321
<p>I need to be able to toggle the visibility of a table at a runtime when running reports via birt engine api. what is the best way to toggle visibility. I searched for TableHandle.setVisibility() or similar methods but did not find any. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyone has any pointers?</p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>Using DEAPI like this?</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Add_Visibility_Rule_in_beforeFactory_(BIRT)'>https://wiki.eclipse.org/Add_Visibility_Rule_in_beforeFactory_(BIRT)</a></p>
;
newbie321
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Clement Wong" data-cid="142478" data-time="1456296440">
<div>
<p>Using DEAPI like this?</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Add_Visibility_Rule_in_beforeFactory_(BIRT)'>https://wiki.eclipse.org/Add_Visibility_Rule_in_beforeFactory_(BIRT)</a></p>
;
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you, Clement!! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>As you always, your answer hit the bull's eye. This approach definitely worked. </p>
<p>Before I did a sample basic report to see how the visibility changes in the xml code of the .rptdesign and saw this:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-xml">
<list-property name="visibility">
<structure>
<property name="format">all</property>
<expression name="valueExpr" type="javascript">true</expression>
</structure>
</list-property>
</pre>
<p>I was able to create a structure but did not know how to create <list-property>. <br>
the</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
.getPropertyHandle("visibility");
</pre>
<p>did the trick!! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks again!!</p>