The community of Analytics developers are invited to follow and participate in the developer network.
OpenText technical experts collaborate with supported customers and partners in the Magellan product area.

RUN uri returns empty output on defining unicode character in 'Report Parameter'

<p>Hi Team -</p>
<p> </p>
<p> I am using BIRT 2.6.0 version.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> In my template I have added a 'Report Parameter' filter on a column which contains unicode character in its value. For example : <span style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">Diagnóstic (</span><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ó)'&gt;https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ó)&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
<p> </p>
<p> On generating the report through 'FRAMESET' uri by choosing the value with unicode character as a filter option. It returns proper results.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> But on generating the report in Excel/PDF/PPT format through 'RUN' uri it returns empty output.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> The same template works fine, when the filter is defined on other values which doesnt contain any unicode character and the reports are working fine without 'Report Parameter'.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> Please suggest me the ways to avoid this issue or it is known limitation of BIRT 2.6.0 version.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Naveen.</p>

Comments

  • Clement WongClement Wong EM mod
    edited June 30, 2016
    <p>As a baseline test, I usedTomcat 7.0.12 and BIRT 4.5.0, and have set URIEncoding="UTF-8" in server.xml for the HTTP connector in Tomcat.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>I didn't have BIRT 2.6.0 handy to test, but with this configuration I'm able to run and generate HTML, PDF, Excel, etc... with the UTF-8 encoded string with the sample "test.rptdesign" that is shipped with the BIRT Engine.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>HTML</p>
    <pre class="_prettyXprint">
    http://localhost:8080/birt/frameset?__report=test.rptdesign&sample=Diagn%C3%B3stic
    http://localhost:8080/birt/run?__report=test.rptdesign&sample=Diagn%C3%B3stic</pre>
    <p>PDF</p>
    <pre class="_prettyXprint">
    http://localhost:8080/birt/frameset?__report=test.rptdesign&sample=Diagn%C3%B3stic&__format=pdf
    http://localhost:8080/birt/run?__report=test.rptdesign&sample=Diagn%C3%B3stic&__format=pdf</pre>
    <p>Attached is the PDF output.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Please do let us know if that sample test report shipped with the BIRT Engine works in your environment with the 4 URL tests.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Then, please provide us with your .rptdesign so that we can see if there's something in the design that may cause this to occur.</p>

    Clement Wong
    Principal Analytics Architect

    OpenText Corporation
    http://www.actuate.com | http://www.opentext.com

  • edited July 1, 2016
    <p>Hi -</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p> Thanks for your reply.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p> Please find attached rpt design file.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p> For your information, in my case I have integrated BIRT 2.6.0 into my java application.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p> Please let me know if you need any additional information.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Thanks,</p>
    <p>Naveen.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p> </p>
  • <p>The design works fine in OS BIRT 4.4 and commercial iHub. It is possible it was an issue with the old release. </p>
Sign In or Register to comment.