Home Analytics Designing reports
The community of Analytics developers are invited to follow and participate in the developer network.
OpenText technical experts collaborate with supported customers and partners in the Magellan product area.

Two tables to fit the whole page.

edited February 7, 2017 in Designing reports
Good evening!<br><br>
I have a large report with two tables placed next to each other: they are in one grid separated by a border in the center. My task is: I need these two tables to fit the whole page even with empty rows. I managed to extend rows artificially, but the problem is there is not a fixed number of them… I tried to use visibility property for hiding the rows, this works, but this is very time-consuming since I need to hide more and more rows every time a new detail row added, and unreliable because everything is done manually.<br><br>
The main issue: I need these tables to fit every page, meaning if I have half-empty 39 rows on the first page, I need them to extend to the bottom of the second page when there is a 40 row appears and even one of the tables moves on the next page naturally.<br><br>
Can anybody recommend probably some kind of a sample report to find a solution for this?<br><br>
Or: one of the tables has fixed cell height, it appears to be always two lines height in 10 pt. Is there a way to define a height of a new added detail row for them to be empty but with the same size? Now I have to hide them, because empty rows are much smaller (in doc) that those filled and I need more of them to fit the page artificially.

Comments

• <p>Workaround: Replace null values by empty string. This was your data won't be empty and your row height won't decrease.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Or you can show a sample report. and the exact requirement.</p>