<p>Hi Team,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am back with new Query.. :angry:  ^_^  :o</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can we apply grouping  and aggregations on Data Set / Join Set? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Business Case :</p>
<ul><li>I have two Data Sets - Data Set1 and Data Set2</li>
<li>Join will get a specific columns from two data sets and one computed column (<span style="color:#000000;"><span style="font-family:calibri, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">AccrualAmt</span></span></span>) to get the sum(<span style="color:#000000;"><span style="font-family:calibri, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">Product Acct Bal</span></span></span>) group by Deal ID,  which(<span style="color:#000000;"><span style="font-family:calibri, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">AccrualAmt</span></span></span>) internally used to  create few more computed columns.</li>
<li>As per my knowledge we can create a aggregation functions in layout (Drag and drop the join) and can create a computed filed (<span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:calibri, sans-serif;font-size:13.3333px;">AccrualAmt</span>) in the layout itself instead of at join level. But i have no idea how to pass the new filed "<span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:calibri, sans-serif;font-size:13.3333px;">AccrualAmt</span>" values to the next computed columns in the layout designer. </li>
</ul><p>Is there any way to handle this either at join / Data set or layout level? Waiting for your valuable suggestions.... :)  :)  :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>- Ravi</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Comments

• micajblock
    edited March 13, 2017 #2
    <p>Either I do not understand the question, or you are missing a basic point in BIRT. Once a computed column is created, it is available in all expression dialogs under 'Available Column Bindings'. So if you drag a data item (or an aggregation) and then in the expression builder select the 'Available Column Bindings', you will see your new field 'AccrualAmt'.</p>